Friday, May 12, 2006

doo dad dabbling


In my post a couple of days ago I forgot to mention that I used doo dads from my friend Mo's collections to fancy up the photos. Not familiar with doo dads? Pull up a chair, my friend. I have a story to tell.

There is a whole huge world of scrapbookers out there. You knew that. But there is a subculture (or maybe Ď‹berculture) of these scrapbookers who do all of their work on the computer. They use elements created expressly for this sort of endeavor which my friend Mo Jackson calls "doo dads". These collections are so affordably priced...most under $10. Using a program like Photoshop, you can use these doo dads to make virtual scrapbook pages. No paper cuts. No messy glue. And best of all, you can make changes on a whim. I think you should try it.

My friend Mo Jackson is a very successful digital elements designer. She has a rockstar status among these digital scrapbookers. There should be a tabloid...maybe something called the Digital Enquirer...to keep up with all of the goings on in this world. Anyway, my friend the rockstar designer has created her store to be something of an exclusive club. It's so worth it to get in, believe me. But once in, you must participate and be a good member. I am not such a good member but she keeps me around because I'm her friend.

Most digital elements that you buy, including those from my friend Mo, are for personal use only. Sometimes Mo makes exceptions for me and lets me put them here and there on my site as long as I tell everyone that they are hers.

I also wanted to mention that the font I used in the two previous entries is called Cadence and it is from Autumn Leaves. Isn't it loverly?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is absolutely loverly! Digital scrapbooking is one thing I have not ventured into yet. And your friend has some great doo dads!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I would love to put all my vintage papers online! What a clever idea your friend has. My mind is swirling with ideas...can you come teach me??? I'll give you vintage pieces in return!?

janna said...

I love MO's doo dads

Anonymous said...

The most lovely digital scrapbooking!!

Lena said...

Oh no Amy, I've used a few of Mo's doo dads in 3 or 4 collages and a few other digital scrapbooking elements as well. I thought a not for profit blog was a personal website and it wouldn't be breaking the rules. I feel really bad and have sent Mo an apology and posted something on my site about it.