Wednesday, March 28, 2007

inertia

Okay, first...let me direct you to the wonderful new header my friend Mo just made for me! Just take a minute to take in that big, wide open smile. I've had that smile all of my life. I really tried to change my smile to something more demure, sophisticated and less dental. I can't help it.

Today I'm feeling very tired. I have a million things to do and it seems like all I can really manage to do is index them all in my head.

Here are just a few piddly things I must do today:



My friend Teresa turned me on to this nifty little thing that makes card catalog like thingies for you. Click here to make your own.

Hopefully, I'll shake this inertia...do more than just get dressed...and have something more interesting for you to read later. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

*********************
Adding a graphic, like the catalog card above, to your blog post (PC's)

1. Right click the graphic
2. Choose "Save Picture As" from the drop down menu
3. Select a place for the file where you'll be able to find it again easily. (perhaps your desktop)
4.
a. Upload the image to a server. Reference the address of the file you just added to the server in code that will look like this img src="http://addyourimageaddresshere", adding a < at the beginning and a > at the end..

b. Or Use your blogging program to add the image to your blog post.

Alternatively, yet not really recommended, you could right click the image, select properties, find the url of the image in that box. Then cut and paste it into the blog post in code that will look like this img src="http://addyourimageaddresshere", adding a < at the beginning and a > at the end.

It's really so simple but I think I made it seem difficult.

18 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I like your new header and think your smile is just as it should be--happy!

Maybe your body is telling you that you need a nap. I hope you get some rest and regain your energetic zest for life soon.

Claire said...

Cutest header ever! I feel ya on the interta, though.

Nicole said...

I think I just heard you on the Gayle King show! It jogged my memory hearing you (i think) say that you had a blog. So if it was you on today's show, yaaa! Congrats on speaking with Gayle again!

Ryan said...

I love the card catalog. I saw it somewhere else today. But I don't understand how you get it on your blog?

Diane said...

I love the header. So fun. I understand the million things to do. I can't even seem to get them indexed in my head, so at least you are ahead of me. The card catalog is great also!

Anonymous said...

I too, must be tech challenged.....I don't know how to get it to my blog either!!! Do tell, when you have time!!!

Dawn said...

Amy...you are such a cutie pie! Love that header!

Anonymous said...

I love that beaming smile and the header is great! I know how you feel today - just woke up from a nap - must be the changing season or something....

Anonymous said...

You are a perfect Easter bun-bun! SO CUTE!!! I feel your pain about lagging a bit. Hope mine passes soon, too.

Laurie said...

Thank you for the blogging tips! I understand how to insert the card catalog thingy but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a fun header to the top of my blog. (Such as your cute bunny) When time permits, would you tell how that's done? Thank you again. I really enjoy your blog.

Pauline said...

Love the header "and" don't change that smile. Also thank you so much for sharing how to make those wonderful card catalog note thingies, I love them and love how sharing everyone is. I just love learning new things.
Pauline

LP Vintage said...

I love everything about your blog! I've spent at least half and hour enjoying the archived posts and am in awe of your creativity and lovely photographs!
Your lovely blog has helped me come shake of my inertia this morning - I'm off to do something to make my day 'prettier'- thank you!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable header! Your smile is just beaming.....it shows just how much you love life!

LindaSonia said...

I love that smiley face of yours - it makes ME smile too ... and that's a very good thing!!

Sadie Olive said...

I love this! Thank you so much for sharing. :) And I LOVE the new home page and header! You always have such beautiful images on your site, they inspire me so!

rooruu said...

Thanks for the catalogue card link - they're silly and delightful and just fun!

Mrs. Jones said...

That is so adorable . . . thank you for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

You're so cute. And now I've just spent a half an hour making catalog cards. HOW DO THEY THINK OF THESE THINGS! Thanks for that, love this.