Saturday, March 10, 2007

friday night sleepover

Our niece Kylie spent the night last night while her parents celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time!

After dinner, we had a tea party. Actually a pink hot chocolate party. And what better than these cupcakes for such an event?

The grass is actually candy...I found it at Target and couldn't wait to use it. Did you know that they made candy grass for Easter baskets???

I bought this circus tent from Restoration Hardware on sale. It's still a bit expensive but, in a moment of weakness, I caved.

I thought it'd be a good thing for when our little friends visit. Kylie loved it. She immediately filled it with pillows and wanted to take her dinner there.

When the whole family (Rich's and mine) all come for Easter, we're going to set the circus tent up in the backyard, fill it with costumes and hoola-hoops and other implements of fun and the children will put on a show for us by the end of the day. Won't that be fun?

Hope you're having a good weekend, my friend.

17 comments:

Dannielle said...

Those cupcakes are fantabulously divine!!

The tent is marvelous! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I want to come play at your house!

WHIP's said...

I absolutely love the tent, I wish my girls were still young enough to enjoy something the frivolity taking place in that tent

Dee Light said...

I love those cupcakes!!! And candy Easter grass!! Who knew?

Anonymous said...

What a nice Aunt you are. I would have loved to have had an Aunt like you when I was a young girl!
Enjoy your Sunday!

Natasha said...

Yes the tent and the sweet treats are wonderful...such eye candy!

Wendy Updegraff said...

what a great Aunt you are...these are memories she will always have!

michelle said...

those cupcakes look wonderful and delicious!

Sadie Olive said...

I just love your style, your store, and your blog! I recently ordered a few items from your store, and I loved every item I received. I even loved the package they came in; right down to the personalized packing tape. You have such a gift of creativity, and you have inspired me more than you know. I am tying to start a store of my own, and I hope it can only be half as fabulous as yours! Anyway, thank you for all the inspiration. I enjoy peeking at your blog from time to time, to check out all your newest creations. You have made an admirer out of me. :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, my daughters and I had such a lovely time at your store! thank you so much for my "birthday ring"! I wore it all week in Fredericksburg! I loved meeting Miss Irene and want to be her friend! She was just delightful! I am back home in Tennessee and am preparing a little package for you. You gave us such joy that day. My daughers are planning a trip to see Miss Irene's shop too.
Will be sending you pix of the little farm set soon!

Truly inspired,
Cindy Baugh

Gypsy Purple said...

What a great visit she had....you`ve been such an inspiration...I`m going to be grandma this year and I have just decided that every trip to visit me must be magical and special

Thanx Amy!!!!

Anonymous said...

i just found your website and it's truly inspiring. the cupakes look scrumptious and kylie is a sweetheart!

Carol Bennett said...

What a sweet aunt you are! Your post just oozes with love for your neice!I din't know about the candy grass, how cool!
Carol
Come visit me!
http://ourreddoor.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oooh your parties look amazingly fun, what a wonderful circus tent! can I come?

Anonymous said...

Will you be my Aunt, so I can come play too! LOL
I bet you were the best kid to play with on the block. Were? Still are! It all so great. LOVE it! Thanks for sharing about the edible grass.

laina kay said...

pretty, pretty cupcakes! i saw that grass at target but never thought of using it that way. what a lovely idea! when i saw it i thought "eww, won't that make a mess at the bottom of the basket?" but now i understand:) thanks!

Anonymous said...

ohmigosh! I am in love with that tent and want one in MY living room!
and your cupcakes are amazing! Is there any end to your talents?
Wonderful!