Friday, March 30, 2007

from secret leaves











I'm so excited about these! They just came in and they are really so wonderful. I think they'd make the most extraordinary gifts. I can't remember when I've been this excited about a new product at Inspire Co.

There are three different types of books, all handmade by Secret Leaves in St. Louis, Missouri.

The first in the series is an incredibly unique photo album with black pages. The covers are so elegant, made from music books. The albums are decorated with ribbon and a wonderful vintage button or jewel. They will arrive to you with a tin of photo corners and a white pen...all you'll need to do is collect your photos and inscribe little notes. Wouldn't this make an incredible wedding gift?

The second type is a scrap journal. The pages are made up of all sorts of fabulous old papers including maps, envelopes, old letters, and more. All vintage and original. Just imagine how much fun (and how easy it would be) to tuck in your own treasures, photos, and mementos!

And lastly, we have books that are made from old book covers, rebound with loose papers, to make a fabulous and inviting journal. There are two versions of this journal. One is made with bright colored book covers from the 40s and 50s. The other is made from very old book covers rescued by Sharon and Ann at Secret Leaves.

I'll put them in the store early next week. Stay tuned. But, if you can't wait until then, shoot me an email and I'll give you pricing information, etc.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep missing the charm bracelets...my favorites always sell before I can get to the site! But THIS stuff is too good to miss! I love the scrap journals...Break it to me gently...How much?? I MUST have one of these gems!!
earthmothr@aol.com

Gypsy Purple said...

This is absolutely stunning...love them all

A bird in the hand said...

They're all wonderful! I've been occasionally making ringed scrap journals over the last three years for sale on my website. They're very popular.
I'm sure you'll sell out!

Anonymous said...

Amy, please let me know the prices of these wonderful items!! Joan (jellisy at cox dot net)

Anonymous said...

Amy, would you please send me the info on these wonderful journals/scrapbooks. I am primarily interested in the "junk" ones, but would like to know about them all!
Thanks!
yescerri at yahoo.com

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

WOW! Amy, these are truly amazing! I have my eye on a few of them in particular....you know, there is a gal here in Seattle who creates journals and purses out of old books. I found her at the Fremont Market a few years ago. I'll see if she's still around!These are fab!

Sadie Olive said...

These are beautiful. I am definitely interested in pricing, as I want to get one before they sell out!

Anonymous said...

Been checking the site like crazy...afraid to leave the computer in case they are posted and sell out!LOVE these!!
earthmothr@aol.com

Tracy said...

oh please, oh please share how much and when they can be purchased! I NEED one or two or three....

paige said...

oh those little books are just precious...i especially love the one with sheet music & the little girl at the beach.
please share your info!!

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful. great finds.

Anonymous said...

Goodness me, they are beautiful. You are very fortunate to carry such beautiful items darling Amy!

Cherry xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, please send me the info. I love all, especially the scrap journals. Carol csrar@msn.com

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic. I love the scrap journals. Especially the Red Moth one. Alas, it is gone already.

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express how gorgeous these albums and journals are.

Ria Sharon said...

The ringed journals are truly works of art!