Thursday, March 29, 2007

better today

I'm much better today. Much. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday.

I still have a ton of things to do. The two big things are:

1. Prepare myself and house for Easter dinner (~30 people, big and small).
2. Get all sorts of things ready for the Paris Flea Market.

This year, Easter dinner (with both my family and Rich's) will be potluck. This takes a whole lot of pressure off me. I'm making a ham (think I'll just get one all prepared and nicely sliced). I'm also going to have some sort of hors d'euvres ready when people start to arrive...maybe a cheese tray with pate and nice crackers.

I'm going to take most of the furniture out of the living room and set it up with lots of tables, restaurant style. The dining room and living room are open to each other so I think this will be a good way to have everyone together.

I'm going to cover each of the tables with a simple white table cloth. I'll put daffodils on each table and some sort of pretty little favor that will double as the placecard. Maybe a dyed egg with their name on it? Or maybe I can plant some wheatgrass in tiny baskets. I could sprinkle in little foil eggs, maybe a peep, and a little flag with the guest's name? I'd better get started planting if that's what I want to do.
I have lots of raw materials for my kits that I'll make for the Paris Flea Market. I'll show you my progress as I go in the next couple of weeks. One of the things I'm particularly excited about is a kit for making glass dome paperweights. I'm planning on making the kits relatively easy to do with the fun being in the planning and designing part of it.

I'm at The Cottage today. The weather is so beautiful but the sunshine is tricking me into thinking it's warmer than it actually is.

These photos are of a display in the counter room. A bouquet of branches is hosting a party of nest baskets and charms (made by our ever-talented friend, Jean).

I'm going to shoot a lot of photos for Ann and Linda to put on their blog in the days to follow so be sure to look for them.

6 comments:

pat said...

Why don't you plant the wheat grass seeds in egg shells? It really looks cute!!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Sounds like you won't be sleeping for a while with that To Do List! ; ) Happy Spring!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

1. Glad you are feeling better...maybe you need a dose of Lydia Pinkhams Tonic?
2. How cute is that header !!! and I love that smile, THAT'S a smile.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful picture... it made me happy!

Anonymous said...

Your party is going to be fab, love all your preparations and the tiny wheatgrass baskets are super wonderful! Glad you feel better :)

Anonymous said...

I love your decorations for Easter.

I read that you are going to be working with glass paperweights. I am going to be making some for an upcoming Art Show.

I can't seem to find a source online. Would you mind sharing your source?

darlenekoppel@mchsi.com