Friday, March 16, 2007

come-on-a-my-house

This little guy is the big dollhouse's guest of honor. Isn't he the cutest thing?

He's from my friend Debbie's shop and is made by Lori Mitchell. The welcome mat, complete with slippers, was made by Gina for Club Little House.

I have an appointment for a haircut today. I'm long overdue. And tonight, if the weather isn't too dreadful, I'm off to a girls-night-out party at the cottage.

For now, I'm just relaxing, puttering around, and listening to the '50s station on XM. Just now "Come On'a My House" came on. This is Seth, Maggie, and my theme song. We play it at my parents' house at top volume and with many repetitions, dance like crazy with plenty of dips and swirls.

Tell me, could there be a better theme song for us:

Come on-a my house, my house a come on
Come on-a my house, my house a come on
Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give you candy
Come on-a my house, my house, I´m gonna give you everything

Next week is Maggie's ballerina themed birthday. I'm sure we'll play this song a few times before the weekend is over. Maybe I should make them dance cards that we can punch. Wouldn't that be fun?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, everyday is a party!
The little guy is too adorable for words :) Have fun tonight.

macati said...

hi!
these little guys are sooo sweet and this picture is great! It seems like they are at my door! Come in I say!
bye and have a nice weekend,
manela

Anonymous said...

Oh dance cards would be so adorable! I hope you do it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that song! YES!

Rie Selavy said...

Amy~

I was reading your archives, and came upon an entry where you talked about a Holly Hobbie magazine. It sounded so cute, I had to google it...and found this for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-FIRST-ISSUE-HOLLY-HOBBIE-HOME-TIMES-1979-magazine_W0QQitemZ140088837712QQcategoryZ280QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Hi!
I have been lurking at your lovely blog for months and I must say you truly offer so much inspiration here! I love it!!!

charlotte said...

Dance, dance! What fun! I'm having a crafty giveaway today to celebrate my 100th post. Come see. xoC