Friday, March 2, 2007

happy day

My parents are arriving this morning! I'm so excited. We have lots of fun things planned, including visiting the Ritz Carlton for afternoon tea. I think that's the very best way to use my gift certificate.

I'm getting ready for them now. I'm going to venture to the grocery store to stock up on their favorite snacks and drinks. I'm also going to get fresh flowers to put in their bedroom.

My mother made a black walnut cake for me and brownies for Rich. Isn't that so nice? I can't wait to have a slice of that wonderful cake with a cup of tea with her. I think she just uses her 1-2-3-4 cake recipe, adding black walnuts to the batter. I'll confirm that with her when she gets here.

Even though she's made a 1-2-3-4 cake at least once a month for as long as I can remember, she still refers to a very old cardboard cut-out from Swansdown cake flour.

I'll have lots of stories to tell you about their visit, I'm sure. Just you wait. Lots of funny things happen to them.

8 comments:

Natasha said...

I love the two pictures of your parents, when you mentioned putting flowers in their bedroom I remembered how once when I was about 16 we had guests coming and I prepared their bedroom complete with small chocolates on their pillows. Well the next morning our guest couldn't figure out why she had a melted hershey kiss tangled in her hair. Now I too stick with flowers.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

What is a 1234 cake?

Gypsy Purple said...

What a blessing....enjoy

Anonymous said...

Tea at the Ritz Carlton! I'm envious! Enjoy your parent's visit, Amy, and yes, could you share the 1234 recipe again? I think it's in your blog here somewhere, but I can't find it. Thank you, thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely post about your mother :) I will definately have to try that 1234 cake!!!

Please swing by and throw your name into my pot for the SpringFling giveaway if you'd like!

Maija said...

Oh I love tea at The Ritz Carlton! My favorite flavor is the Pear Caramel.

Emma said...

I love those two pictures, so cute