Friday, March 5, 2010

field trip: the cottage

Alfredo and I went on a bit of a field trip today to see our friends at the cottage in Leesburg. And just look at what I found there. A real vintage grocery cart.

What am I going to do with a real vintage grocery cart? I'm not sure. But here are some ideas: a laundry basket for Alfredo, a place to put toys or balls, a place to put the project du jour, or I could fill it with ribbons and use it in my craft room. I'm not sure yet. But I bet a certain little boy will think it's a toy for him and take it over.

Just in case you are itching for one too, they do have a couple more.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Where's the baby's seat? And the cup holder for your latte? Ah, how times change. Great ideas, now I need another vessel to collect toys and craft bits. :)

Sara Padrusch said...

A few months ago I found an amazing vintage red wagon- wonderful and chippy! I had visions of filling it with flowers in the yard- I could just see it! But then my seven year old found it and it became a wagon for teddy- I have to admit she looked adorable playing with it. It'll be mine again some day, much like your wagon. Hope Alfredo enjoys it!

xoxo
Sara
www.shinyredhouses.blogspot.com

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

You could store fabric in there and park it next to your sewing machine. Could be cute.

Kateyed said...

Oh, I think you needed that! (Really!)

Amy, guess where I am? At Saint John's Abbey in Collegeville, MN. This is where they created the St. John's bible! it is a beautiful abbey and I am overlooking the lake...and they have internet connection! Jud is doing a retreat here so Kat and I are attending.

Hugs to you and your adorable Alfredo,
Suz

Anonymous said...

Hey~

I know this is kinda random but I regularly check your blog and you inspired me to a bit of freestyle last night. I just recently started to do my own version of 39 squares but on a piece of felt. http://www.sheezyart.com/art/view/2226246/ This is the result of one, it's still not done but I ran out of thread. :]

Lots of love to you and your family.

Stevie said...

My sister lives in Leesburg! We must visit The Cottage.

I love the cart!

livingonair said...

I love your cart... but it was the rug on the floor that caught my attention. Can you tell me more about it?