Tuesday, August 2, 2011

window bijoux


Here's one of the projects that I share in the Summer issue of Inspired Ideas. (Subscribe here)


I've always loved putting things I love in my kitchen window. When I was a little girl, my mother's window above her kitchen sink was lined up with small colored glass bottles. The effect of the sun shining through the glass and bouncing color over the room was simply magical. That idea was an inspiration for these mini-chandeliers. I really went over the top using my prettiest glass and plastic beads...it is such a fun project.

To make a few yourself, grab all your prettiest beads, jello molds, and subscribe to the summer issue for complete instructions. I can't wait to see how yours turn out!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy,
I have lots of these molds....they are one of my "can't walk by" items....this is such a perfect idea....I bought the magazine and I can't wait to take some time to go through it! I am on the hunt for fun beads and such as of now! Thank you!!!!! Sandy

Julie said...

That's one of my favorite projects from your latest subscription. You gals did such a wonderful job! Have really enjoyed it. :)

Suz said...

Amy,
That was my favorite project in the book. I have a ton of those just waiting to be made into something special. You got me thinking but I am now thinking of them turned the other way. So thanks, my friend, for getting me going!
Hugs,
Suz

Anonymous said...

I just got the summer issue and is just so darn cute...I love the little doll in the matchbox and the mini clothes on a line and can't wait to make these. Love all the magazines! I just realized that one of your covers (the hands holding buttons) looks like the "Mollie Makes" magazines - did you inspire them?

debi said...

I LOVE this project! I have mine hanging over my kitchen sink too and they make me smile every time I pass by.
I have also started a patchwork tablecloth like in the book. Can't wait to finish it!

I have loved each one of your inspired books, but, I think this one is my FAVE! Thanks Amy!