Thursday, August 4, 2011

journal cheat

I have a paralyzing fear of the blank page that has prevented me from jumping on the journal bandwagon. The other day, Pam and I had an idea for a journal that would help jump-start me into recording my thoughts and plans on the written page...

The Jump Start Journal...


I used Pam's Doodle Bundle to make pre-doodled journal pages to print out. I loaded my printer with an assortment of odd paper that I have leftover...including this really fun kraft paper. 


The cover needs some help...I tried using iron-on transfers to decorate the embossed book cover but it didn't really work well...I think I'll keep working on it.


This is an iron-on transfer too...and he worked just fine on the inside cover since it was flat.




I even printed on vellum...

Those are my favorite pages because I can layer all sorts of fun things underneath...and when I start adding junk to the journal, it'll be even more fun.
I used a standard office-style 3-hole punch, adjusting the punch to be set up for the 8.5" long side.

Here are some more of the fun pages...





And now the moment of truth...will I be able to journal in these pages? We'll see.

If you'd like the Summer doodle bundle yourself, click here. And as a special gift, we're adding in the pdf with the doodled pages I just made up for my doodle journal. 

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I'm in love with your journal, it's just far to cute :)

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Amy this is adorable... I love it... going have to find myself making a journal... Thank you and Pam for putting together a great journal... have a honey of a night! ;O) xo

Ali Manning said...

What a gorgeous journal!

Unknown said...

This is a great idea!
Love it...

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

I love it!!

Deb said...

What a great idea! Never thought of using iron-on transfers on paper- must try!
Your journal is so sweet.