Thursday, November 30, 2006

whew!


That month long gift-a-day marathon nearly did me in! There were days when I woke up and seriously didn't know what that day's gift would be. Now that the month long event is over, I'll still add new things regularly, and at times, daily.

One thing I am working on making more of are the little village houses. I've gotten so many emails about them and they sold so quickly.

Another thing I'm working on is a collaboration with my friend Mo Jackson. She's been making things for weeks and weeks, all by hand. She sent a batch of them earlier this week and they are all so wonderful. I can't wait for you to see. She's so talented.

I'm off to bed. Boy, oh boy am I ever tired. My friend said that her grandmother used to say after a long hard day "that dark feels good on my eyes". Tonight, I know what she means. I'm going to sleep well.

Hey, do you ever crave that feeling of being tucked in? It's something you can't really do for yourself and don't you feel so loved afterwards? Fresh sheets, high thread count, tucked in tight with the cool side of the pillow against your face.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night after I crawled into bed (high thread count sheets, sleep-number mattress, the works!), my two cats crawled in after me. One settled on one side of my shoulder, and the other by my other shoulder. Both cats were on top of the sheet and I was under it. The result? I was tucked in, with the sheets pulled tightly over me.

Weird ... I was thinking about how they'd tucked me in, and here you are writing about it.

Daily gifts were wonderful, and worth the effort. (I'm glad you survived!)

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Nighty-night, sleep tight! mmmmm cool pillow, high thread count...

Anonymous said...

That illustration along with your 'whew' headline just speaks volumes. Love it. Your efforts were certainly appreciated!! :)

Anonymous said...

thanks Amy for a fantastic month of treats! I can not imagine how much work it involoved but gosh I do not think I can wait another year till you do it again....you will do it next year too right?

Dawn said...

I enjoyed the daily gifts...thanks for the inspiration..Love the sweetness of your blog.

Happy Weekend to you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the Month-Long Inspiring Gifts! I loved each and every day's offerings! You desire those high-count-thread sheets...all that rich chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all these great and as always most beautiful gifts. I wish I had been faster for the charm braclets, my niece would have loved one. And I need to get a few of those dancing girls if they are still around as I have little one that loves to twirl. Have a great week.

deb said...

I loved all your gifts a day! Looking forward to seeing what Mo's been working on!

Anonymous said...

In our house, we call that "tucka-tucka". One shouts out to the other that we are ready to be tucked in with that call "Tucka! Tucka!" OK, I know we are geeks :)