Thursday, November 23, 2006

happy thanksgiving...

A very happy thanksgiving to all of you. Gratitude is the soul's food. As you are enjoying the bounty of food around you this Thanksgiving day, remember the abundance of good around you. Be thankful, truly and deeply, for it all.

Today I am thankful for my husband, my true love. I don't know how I found him, or him me. He makes me want to be a better person.

I'm thankful too for my wonderful family. We're missing one person this year...Rich's brother Tommy. We'll feel his absence as anyone who loses a loved one surely does through the holidays. But he is here with us in spirit. I know it.

I'm so grateful for my business and for all of my readers. Maya Angelou says that when your spirit and your personality are working together, that's when you can do great things. I'm coming to trust being myself, completely and wholly, with all of my quirks. And that in being authentically me, I can offer more than I ever could otherwise. Thank you for helping me along this journey.

I'm grateful for this breath I take, and this one, and this one. Air so abundant and so freely given that breaths are taken one after another without notation.

I'm thankful that when Rich fell from the roof that he didn't break more than his heel. It could have surely happened. My neighbor across the street, the one who lost her husband and the father to her small children in a tragic car accident this time last year, cautioned Rich just a little while before the fall, telling him to be careful.

I'm thankful for this sweet life with all of its regularities and rhythms and cycles. And for the continuation of this life, seamless and normal.

I'm thankful for all of the delights that I enjoy. Thank You for giving me the eyes to see the smallest of wonders and for seeing You in them.

Thank you for all of the children in our life. For all of our nieces and nephews and littlest friends. I know that our time will come, soon I hope. Thank you for keeping our hearts soft and ready.

For all of this and more, I am truly thankful.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Lena said...

Happy Thanksgiving Amy. You've written a beautiful post today. Thank you for sharing so much of your sweet self here.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dear Amy!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Amy! You are a delight!
Hugs,
Maryann

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Your blog has come to be a highlight of my day. I cried when you talked about the children in your life and the desire of your heart to have a wee one of your own. I, too was blessed by friends who shared their babies and children with me while we waited for our own. Someday, somehow, you and Rich will be wonderful parents. We'll just have to pray that baby into being!

With kind thoughts from Oregon,
Debi

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration. Not only the delightful gifts your offer but the such kindness and joy you share. I wish there were more like you.. So Thank You! Hope you had a Happy Turkey Day.

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

This is a beautiful post Amy... you are a dear and will make the best Mommy. Seth will vouch for you - there's nothing better than an Auntie who will play under the table. xo