Tuesday, November 28, 2006

i wish i may, i wish i might...

Lots of people complain that I'm terribly hard to shop for. I can't imagine why this is; I love so many things!

Starting a few years ago, I make a wish list of things that I'd like. At first it was a little book, bound and illustrated with clipped images from catalogs, magazines, and print outs. And then last year I published the list on my blog. That worked so well that I decided to do the same this year. See it along the right side of this post?

Rich is the keeper of the list. Everyone knows to check with him and claim this or that. I purposefully make the list long so that I don't know exactly what I'm getting. And I do get some nice surprises.

Here are some highlights from this year's list:



I'll add more things as I spot them. Making the list is almost as much fun as opening the gifts. I hope my list inspires you to make one for yourself. Did your parents ever tell you in response to your begging for this or that, "You're old enough for your wants not to hurt"? It's just the opposite now. I love wanting as much as I love getting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy... I can just see you "singin' in the rain" wearing those cute boots and carrying such a nice umbrella. I love your wish list and hope you get it all!

My niece (and her mother) just loved the bon-bonnet I ordered for her birthday from Inspire Company. It was wrapped up like a dream! Thank you for such wodnerful service, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I love your wish list---always gives me ideas for my own :)

Suburban prep said...

Your list is great. I saw the pencils in the Container Store. Wellies are so popular now too.

Anastasia said...

i love wish lists too!
its all part of the fun
Off to check your list.......

Anonymous said...

I am completely flattered that one of my bags made it on your wishlist amongst so many fun things. Now to put that cupcake necklace at the very top of my own wishlist. SO fun!!

Anonymous said...

I make a wish list in my favorites folder on my internet browser every year, hoping DH will wise up and realize he might want to check the folder called "CHRISTMAS/ANNIVERSARY."

I've toyed with the idea of putting my list on my blog, but my biggest fear is that nobody even reads it anyway and I'll just look silly.

The bento you picked is perfectly cute! I've been hunting for one for some time, and now I know where to look for one!