Friday, December 1, 2006

visions of these dancing in my head...

AlmondCoffee CaramelDeep Indulgence Key Lime PB and JW Mimosa Raspberry Sweet Indulgence Strawberry Tahitian


Last night in bed, neatly tucked in, I perused a holiday brochure that my grocery store sent me. In it was an article about their masterfully created chocolates.

Now I'm not a chocoholic by any stretch of the imagination. I do enjoy a bit of chocolate now and then. And I can't remember even once turning any down.

Oh, except last night when Rich wanted to order (and share with me) something called "Mile High Chocolate Decadence". I waffled since it is not often Rich wants to order dessert at all. But finally I decided that this chocolate confection would tickle my throat, land in my stomach with a thud, and would probably be served super duper cold. Oh, and probably was made a week ago.

But, about the box of chocolates...I have this idea that I would like a whole box of chocolates that is completely and wholly mine. And I would like to go through the box slowly, perhaps just a selection aday. I will ponder each selection with deliberation, truly tasting and enjoy each one as a separate and special thing. In my grand imagining of this, I am picturing a magnificent secret and locked cabinet to hold the box of chocolates, with a column of light illuminating it and an angelic chorus sounding.

5 comments:

M said...

UH-OH, Do I sense new furniture being delivered soon? Amy, your mind works so wonderfully, I bet you already have a piece designed!! LOVE your blog, wouldn't be a complete day without it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, how funny! When I was a girl, my mother always got us a little treat for Valentine's Day. Around the age 8 or 9, I decided that what I really wanted was my own heart-shaped box of chocolates! All mine, not for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Can we add a row of little devils with pitchforks in front of the angel choir to keep out chocoholic husbands?

Anonymous said...

You know I love that rose chocolate!!!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Chocolates dance in my head even when it isn't Christmas!! These would have been popped into my mouth before a photo could have been taken!!