Thursday, December 14, 2006

how to have a merry christmas

I just got back from a delightful holiday lunch with my talented and lovely friend Pam. Just look at what she made for me.






Isn't it wonderful? It's a handmade book of pockets to organize my Christmas ideas, gifts, traditions, menus, etc. I love it too much to write in it. Pam teaches classes at the scrapbook store and today we flirted with the idea of her making things for me to share with you. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

We had lunch at Heart in Hand in Clifton. I had the Kentucky Hot Brown which was super-de-duper indulgent, smothered in cheese and butter. I could feel my hips fatten with every bite.

Thank you, Pam, for a wonderful Merry Christmas lunch. You're a wonderful friend, so thoughtful and fair and oh-so-talented. I'm so glad we found each other.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! I wouldn't want to write in it either. Also, I wanted to tell you how much I loved my giant letter "B" that I bought from you. It looks great in my office. And my Nest has a cozy little home on my family room mantle. Thanks for bringing us such unique things to covet.

Anonymous said...

I would buy it! And write in it, actually. What a great place to put our memories!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, Heart in Hand...the site of my wedding rehersal dinner! Reception was across the street at the Hermitage Inn...love Clifton!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Pam is so talented. I purchased one of her kits from a recent class and loved it.

And Heart-in-Hand....love that place!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful paper goodness, Pam is so talented :)

Anonymous said...

OMG Amy this is the sweetest little book. An amazing gift to you. I just love making little books and would LOOOVE someone to make one for me. LOL Lucky Girl.

Anonymous said...

Loving this! Your blog is truly inspiring. I loved your vintage houses from an earlier post.

Anonymous said...

What an amazingly fabulous idea! Very inspiring...must make one...but not this year...still too much to do!

:^)

Tiffany*

Jody said...

Love this. Now I want one! Now I have to add it to my list of things to make. My list keeps growing instead of shrinking as Christmas draws nigh. Oh my! So sweet.

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful!! I love all the paper goodness!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I'll have to check out Pam's classes... What a fab gift!