Friday, December 22, 2006

sweet tooth


I'm crossing another little thing off my extra-long list...candy jars for all the guys in Rich's family. (We had to nix the sharpening steel idea.)

The jars are from Target. They are the smallest of a graduated series of cracker jars they sell. I washed them in the dishwasher with extra hot water to sterilize them, dried them very well, and then filled them with the jolliest assortment of unwrapped candies I could find (also Target).

I created the labels using doodads from my dear friend Mo Jackson. A tie of a bow is all that's left...presto! Gift, done. Cost per jar filled with candy: ~$8.50

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love this Idea!!! Amy you are so wonderful - Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT idea! Happy Holidays!

The Worsted Witch said...

What a great idea! I should do that for my co-workers next year :)

Funky Finds said...

these look fabulous...so festive! i wish you a very merry christmas. may your 2007 be filled with much joy & peace.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! Love the whole idea. Merry Christmas, Amy!

Anonymous said...

that is brilliant! stealing this idea right away!

Anonymous said...

those are so cute! They look like something you'd buy right off the shelf!

Anonymous said...

I saw those jars at Target and fell in love. I have 2 of the smallest now, and want more more more!

The candy is a great idea.

Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

Super idea! I am going to file this away for next year.