Friday, September 8, 2006

let's talk about that dresser...


This dresser was at a wonderful shop called "Details" on Maryland Avenue (which is just the cutest street to shop in Annapolis!) Details is full of "coastal chic" finds...lots of shells and seaside finds all presented in an oh-so-sophisticated way.

I am going to start looking for a piece of furniture to do this same sort of treatment to with buttons. I think I'd like to try something tone on tone...maybe paint the piece beige and use mother of pearl buttons.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOOVe this Amy. You have to do that. Yours will be even more glorious I know! And share the photos!

Junie Moon said...

The dresser is fabulous. I look forward to seeing your own creative version.

Dawn said...

I am soooooo loving this dresser...! Yes...with buttons?..fabulous!

Anonymous said...

buttons...what a wonderful idea!

deb said...

just gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :)

Anonymous said...

SO cute! The scrolls look so delicate!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally going to copy you, I have a big collection of mother of pearl buttons, what a great way to use them!

amy said...

Shelly, they used shells. And they put one tiny hole in each and it looks like they used tiny brads or studs to attach them. But I think you could use a really strong glue and get the same effect.