Monday, December 14, 2009

visiting with santa

We went to see Santa last week. Alfredo treated him like a good old friend. He whispered what he wanted in his ear (I think he got that idea from a song) and hopped down and said "Thank you, Santa!" so loud and happily. (The pint-size santa suit is from Babys R Us! And it looks so sweet on him...and hanging on a little hanger by the door at home!)

Yesterday was so dark and yucky all day that it was impossible to take photos. So here are yesterday's...

Yesterday's matchbox was by the very talented Valerie Jones...


And inside, the sweetest little duo of deer and a little tree.


And look at what a coincidence...here is yesterday's door:


And today's matchbox was made by sweet Marlene Haveron...

Inside? A pair of angel wings ala "It's a Wonderful Life!"

And today's door is a couple of presents. Alfredo wanted to open them!

11 comments:

Grace said...

too stinkin cute!! Santa and mini hahah aww Grace

becky said...

Ha! I love the photo! Everyone else's kids I know are TERRIFIED of Santa. He's such a social guy! That's thanks to you!

matgrif said...

What a fun "picture w/ Santa" story...what beautiful memories to stash away.

Anne said...

I LOVE the little presents behind today's door!!! Thanks for sharing these...I look forward to them each day!

Diva Kreszl said...

so sweet...I miss those days!

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh how cute Alfredo looks in his Santa suit.
What sweet presents
Alison

Lisa Super said...

Oh my goodness, he's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Ho-Ho-Ho Al-fre-do!! You little cutie pie. Merry Christmas. BTW, what does he want for Christmas?

Kim

Seitvonzu said...

have you done this for alfredo yet:
http://portablenorthpole.tv/home

just thought of you guys since alfredo and santa are such close friends! :)

valerie said...

I am encanted by the little doors and match boxes everyday! What a magical time time Christmas is for children, I just melt when I see that look of wonder on their little faces!

Whosyergurl said...

Amy, How do you ever get anything done? I would just kiss Alfredo all day, every day! What an adorable outfit!
Love the tiny animals...just like when I was a little girl!
Holiday hugs to you
and a peck on the cheek to Alfredo,
Cheryl in IN
WHOSYERGURL