Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3 and all is well...

Shall we continue the advent fun? Here's matchbox #3, made by Donna Robinson...
And look what wonderful little treat is inside...a tiny ornament inside a bottlecap!

And here's Alfredo discovering door #3 this morning. I plum forgot to make it last night until after I'd tucked myself in bed. Then I jumped out of bed and quickly put this one together. There was a bit of a glittery mishap but I think all's fine now.



Speaking of glitteriness, I thought I'd show you my new star treetopper. I had a ho-hum ornament for the top of the tree which I decided not to use this year. While at Walmart with my folks last week, I spied this and the wheels started spinning.


It was pretty enough but a little too plasticy.

This picture really doesn't show it so well but exercise your imagination and trust in me...clear glitter on the clear parts, silver glitter on the silver parts and...
The lights are softly diffused a bit and it looks vintage and nice. Here's another picture I took last night...maybe you can see it better here...

If you need great glass glitter to make your own, get some here.

4 comments:

Sarah K. said...

Wow that tree topper is gorgeous!

Stephanie O. said...

What a good way to spruce up the tree topper. Good idea...

Anonymous said...

I love the bottle cap ornament. I love what you did to the tree topper. Wow you are talented. Today is John's birthday, don't forget to call him. We are lucky he is celebrating another one after his accident. Your sister Jessica

Mindy said...

hi amy... i am trying to contact you but couldn't find an email link on your site! i featured your wish boxes ages ago in my creative community the wishstudio, and i would love to include the photo of this project in an upcoming magazine feature of my site. i also have another idea for a possible collaboration... so lots to chat about. please email me asap at wishstudio(at)comcast(dot)net. thanks so much! mindy