Sunday, December 20, 2009

helloooo?

My sister Jessica called again to fuss at me about not posting. She said that she was the voice of all of my other blog readers who were wondering about matchboxes for days 17, 18, 19 and now 20!

Well, Thursday morning we left before the rooster crowed to go to my parents' house. I had a delivery to make...something that was a little too big for Santa's sleigh ride. Since it's a bit of a trip (3 hours) I decided that we'd stay until Friday morning. We ended up staying until the afternoon, arriving home just before the biggest snowstorm I can remember dropped 26 inches of snow in our backyard!

Here are Alfredo and Rich digging out last night. Note the wall of snow up to Alfredo's shoulders!

So let's do some catching up, shall we?

Day 17: My sweet friend Pam Keravuori made this beautiful matchbox...
And inside? Look how sweet! (Jessica, can you believe it? Adorable!)
Day 18: Matchbox is by Lisa Orme...
And look how lovely this little dove is!
Day 19: by me...
And inside...a little peaceful scene...
Day 20 was by my sweet friend Sue Elseth...
Very appropriate, wouldn't you say? And this is ingenious! I love this itty bitty pearl snowman with a rhinestone cap!
And there are a bunch of doors to catch up with...
Day 17....
Day 18...
Day 19....
And today's...

We're pretty much snowed in today. I took my shower this morning and changed into a fresh pair of pajamas! We're not going anywhere and, by the looks of our snowcovered street, we'll have no visitors. Rich spent all morning digging out the driveway and sidewalk. The street is impassable and since there's an abandoned car stuck in the middle, I'm not sure we'll be plowed anytime soon.

Oh, but it sure looks pretty...

19 comments:

Karen said...

the picture of Rich and Alfredo is perfect - that one's a keeper.

Diva Kreszl said...

all adorable! your sister reminds me a bit of Jiminy Cricket!!!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Thank goodness for your sister! I was wondering if you were trapped at the mall, locked in Paul Blart style! Stay cozy.

Suz said...

This is the first time I have seen a picture of Rich! What a handsome guy!

Your sister is right...lol! So good to see all of these wonderful treats online.

Isn't it fun to have blizzards? This is the way we live all the time. Well, it is kind of fun...I imagine trying to get out and around later isn't very fun! We have armies of plows that start in the wee hours...and then it snows again!

Alfredo is adorable in his snowsuit!

xo,
Suz

Bryanna Lenan said...

I love the pic of Rich and Alfredo... you have 2 handsome men in your life... have fun in your pajammies!!! xo Bryanna

Elaina M. Avalos said...

Super cute photo of Alfredo & Rich! I'm so jealous of ya'll and the snow. It was 80 on Friday and 77 yesterday. That's not Christmas weather! :)

melissadc76 said...

Oh thank goodness for Jessica. I was beginning to wonder.

Thanks so much for sharing and can't wait to see the rest. (I guess since you're snowed in, they may be more regular? LOL)
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your snow! We got a piddly 2 inches and it's already melted away.
Lovie

my cup of tea said...

Your matchboxes are so CUTE! What a cute Idea!
~Donna~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for catching us up!

WOW! That's a lot of snow! I see Alfredo took off his gloves. He's a cutie!

~ PattiLynn

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

Ahhhh...
just so beautiful!
I'm sharing your link on my facebook- my peeps have got to see this loveliness!

And Alfredo!? What a brave little soul! ;oD

Anonymous said...

Amy, I love seeing all your matchboxes again! And the snow is beautiful... we have loads of it here as well! I bet Alfredo loved it!

Teresa said...

Glad your sister helps us lowly blog readers out now and then. :) So many pretties!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I must have that gnome ornament. Please, please bring it to me for Christmas. I love gnomes. :)
Your sister Jessica

matgrif said...

lucky lucky you :0)

meleen said...

amy,

merry "white" christmas to you, rich and sweet little alfredo!!!

meleen

Mary Beth Hunt said...

That last little guy looks JUST like Alfredo!

We are expecting some BIG Ice and Snow here in Nebraska these next few days......already postponed Christmas Eve at Grandma's until Sunday.....

Winter is my favorite season. This is all good.

Barbara Jean said...

Amy, Is this your nativity ornament?
sweet!

where is everyone getting the matchboxes???

barbara jean

PS if you are wondering if i have nothing better to do Christmas Eve than be on here, it is because i am sick, and our Christmas is postponed till Sunday hoping i will be better then. =)))

Whosyergurl said...

Amy, playing catch-up.
LOVE the photo of Rich and Alfredo!
Lisa Orme is a friend of mine here in Bloomington! I'll have to tell her that I saw her match box here.
HOLIDAY HUGS to you...Rich, Alfredo!
Cheryl in IN