I gave up embroidery as a little girl because I couldn't get even close to the perfection and neatness of my sisters' and mother's work. I picked it back up recently, embracing my chunky texture and playfully imperfect style. This kit is an inspiration for you to let go of the rules of embroidery and get a little messy. Use all of the strands at once and make luscious mounds of french knots. Have fun with it.
(Please note: if you are an accomplished embroiderer or someone who enjoys the perfection and neatness of fine embroidery this kit is probably not for you.)
Everything is included, even a pair of folding metal scissors and a tiny wooden embroidery hoop. You're all set to take this little tin with you on the train or while you wait in the kiss and ride lane at school.
- A pre-marked gridded bit of linen (The grid is approximately 4" square)
- 7 full skeins of embroidery floss in a fun color palette
- 1 tiny spool of black floss
- A sample of the finished embroidery piece printed onto fabric for reference and inspiration
- A tiny instruction flip-book (10 pages) featuring each square and notes and tips for stitching
- A small pair of folding metal scissors
- A 3" wooden embroidery hoop
- An embroidery needle
- Vintage bits for completing the design including vintage lace and buttons
If you want to order, click here.