Monday, December 7, 2009

I felt fine...

I joined my friends Lorraine and Claudine last night and took a class taught by Betz White at Fibre Space. We had so much fun making all sorts of things, at record speed, all from felted sweater material. I mean, just look how wonderful...




And I'm inspired to try my hand at a few other projects too...some featured in Betz's book. This class really put me in the mood to make gifts. I haven't a lot of time, do I? Here we are at day 7 already!

I have a tiny bit of catching up to do...

Here's matchbox number 6, made by my sweet friend Hope (who's recovering from the flu, poor dear!)...
And inside? The sweetest little wreath made from tiny antique glass ornaments...
Today's matchbox, lucky number 7, made by the ever so talented Pam Kern...
And just look at these lump of coal earrings, with festive jingle bells, to ring in the holiday! I love them and will don them proudly today, even if just 'round the house...
Yesterday's door features a jaunty vintage ice skater...
And today's is a sweet little flocked teddy bear...check out that kissing under the mistletoe picture in the background!
I'll be back soon with a great offer from Open Sky!

8 comments:

melissadc76 said...

The felted birds nest is my favorite! And all out of felted sweaters??!

Pam @ Frippery said...

All adorable!!!

Suz said...

Amy,

Suzie sent us all a letter to let everyone who did the swap know that we were being featured on your blog. What an honor!

I LOVE your felt goodies and thought your friend Lorraine was just delightful.

Hugs,
Suz

Jean A. said...

HI Amy~
Love what you made with the felted sweaters! I have been collecting some while thrifting and am so happy to hear about the book. Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

The nest! The peas in a pod! Love them all. I hope you and the little one enjoyed our snowy weekend :)

Sue E.

Andrea Singarella said...

so cute are those felted pieces! I think the peas in the pos are my favorite. Just adorable Amy!

Hope | Paper Relics said...

wow - you got a lot done in that class! And boy you make my matchbox look better than it does in person!

claudine hellmuth said...

such a treat to see you in class!!