Saturday, December 5, 2009

snow!

Alfredo has a bit of a fever this morning so we're taking it easy. And what better way to take it easy than to lazily watch the snow come down...We're watching the snow and the television and drinking constantly.

Sorry these pictures aren't great...the snow has cast a greyness over the whole house...But here's beautiful matchbox number 5 made by the swap co-hostess Susie Vergenz...

And inside, the sweetest, tiniest cookie cutter...awww...


And behind door no. 5...

His little ears and one of his legs is broken but he's still awful cute, don't you think?

What will you do to enjoy Day 5? You know what I would love? Some warm-from-the-oven gingerbread with a dollop of whipped cream served with milky tea. Alas, I think we are homebound for the day without the groceries necessary to make this particular dream come true. I'll have to make do with just the milky tea part.

7 comments:

charlotte said...

I love it that something a wee bit broken is still so cherished and loved! I've got gingerbread- come on over .... xoxo

Stacy McGinnis said...

Amy, I'm so glad you're writing about our matchbox swap. I'm having fun discovering what's inside each one too!

Stephanie O. said...

I'm looking forward each day to checking out your blog for the latest addition to the matchbox advent calendar...I really should unpack from Silver Bella so I could enjoy those sweet little boxes in person, shouldn't I?

Hope your little man is feeling better tomorrow....

Bryanna Lenan said...

I always enjoy your posts and especially now with the advent to look forward to. You are a wonderful mommy and I love that about you!! xo Bryanna

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

Door number five is my favorite so far! I have a whole collection of little dogs in various states of disrepair!

If Alfredo can't go out in the snow...then you can always bring it in to him. Get a big plastic mixing bowl and fill it up. Then put some bath towels on the kitchen floor, and let him go to town, with toys, spoons, or even food coloring if you're feeling brave!

louise said...

make some gingerbread out of felt!

loving the advent and i hope the little man is feeling better x

marie said...

So sorry to hear that little Alfredo isn't feeling well...hope he's much better soon.
I don't commetn often, but I do love visiting your blog. It's like a little trip to a magic place for me. It's all so bright and cheerful.
Thank you so much!

I love the little scottie dog!