Thursday, October 4, 2007

a plan

Okay, I still haven't showered. Instead I've been working on an idea for the Silver Bella display.

One of the limits that I need to consider when I'm thinking of ideas is size. Since I'll either be carrying it with me on the plane or shipping it, size does matter.

So, I had an idea to use pvc piping to create a framework for a kind of stage.
Then I'll add a backdrop of clouds, a grassy bottom made hilly and maybe even glittery, and a curtain to, as they say, set the stage. Just imagine how sweet the village will look in here, set among a forest of lollipops and candy canes and cupcakes! Oh, I'm getting so excited!

At first I'd thought about making the whole thing only a few feet wide but now I'm thinking of making it the entire length of the table. And I'll definitely need to set it all up, with village inside it, here at home. I'll snap a photo so I'll have it all ready to set up just before vendor night. I won't have but a couple of hours to set up (not too long when your fingers all turn the thumbs and the room spins and your magic wand isn't working right)

Rich has agreed to help me make this. I don't think it will take very long, but then again, I never do. Maybe we can work on this project on Columbus Day. Maybe if I say "pretty please".

5 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

You're such an Artiste! Always dreaming things up. I can hardly wait to see how it turns out. Good Luck!
:)

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful idea, can't wait to see the finished thing...it'd be a success!

Anonymous said...

Okay wow, Amy! I've said it once and I'll say it again, "You are amazing girl!"

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

OMG.... This is going to be amazing! Can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to meet you at Silver Bella..like no other..it'll be so great..Jennifer