Thursday, October 18, 2007

lucky


Okay, so here's the thing. Last winter my friend needed a pair of sexy jeans. We waltzed into the store together and I declared to the pretty young boy working there "My friend needs a pair of sexy jeans".

He got busy sizing her up (quite literally) and presented her with a few options. Meanwhile, just for the heck of it, I tried on a couple of pairs. My friend did not buy any. But I did.

Fast forward to present day, to me wearing this same pair of jeans nearly every blasted day because I love them so much. And to my friend saying "Amy, we need to get you a new pair...you're wearing these out!"

So today I am meeting my friend for some shopping, including jean replacement therapy. And I will be on the lookout for something cute to wear to Silver Bella. You know, every other word that comes out of my mouth these days is Silver Bella. Can you tell I'm excited??!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

so spill. what brand? what style??
jessi nagy
www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com

Cupcake said...

There is NOTHING like that perfect pair of jeans. I read an article in Glamour that said when you go jeans shopping you should take several of the same styles and sizes that you like because depending on the cutter and how they were pieced together it can make a difference in how they fit - even the same brand, style and size. So plan on taking your time today. Perfect jeans are a commodity!

Heather said...

I am cracking up right now because last year my friends took me to get some "quality denim" and I've never been the same since. I loooooove my Lucky jeans. You should try Silver jeans too.

Anonymous said...

Well, there'd better be a part two to this post Amy. I want to know what brand your sexy jeans are, too. I agree with cupcake who said Silvers are good fitting and looking jeans.

Anonymous said...

C'mon Amy! Are those'Lucky' jeans??? And PLEEZE tell me they don't stretch!
The last pair I bought was Tommy Hilfiger, two years ago...the ONLY pair I could find that didn't stretch...(stretch=yukky!)

Sigh...I remember the days of Levi's 501, button fronts. You could get them from the surplus store off campus for $10. After a few hundred washings they were so SO wonderful!!

Yummers! said...

That's a cute story... enjoyed it. I hope Silver Bella is all that you are anticipating.
Joni

Runspud said...

What Silver Bella? What's that?? I manage to mention it at least once a day to my husband...but i'm thinking about it a whole lot more......I'm Excited Too!!! Can't wait to see and buy a house or two from you....bring plenty please!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You always manage to make me smile but I had to laugh imagining you doing a lap around the kitchen !
Love those shoes and I am off to hunt some up for myself...

(())

Our Prim Nest said...

Please email me and tell me where you found those great shoes. I have to have a pair. Thanks, Kim

Our Prim Nest said...

Not sure if you got my email address: kktb@comcast.net. Thanks so much.