Tuesday, April 10, 2007

the thrill of it all

Today's big adventure turned out to be not such a big adventure. We were meant to go to the zoo today but we decided to postpone that trip until the end of the week...something to look forward to. Besides, the weather will be a bit warmer by then.

We went today for lunch to Chick-Fil-A, Seth's favorite restaurant. Afterward he played in the enclosed play area. Also today we've worked on several fun projects. I managed to work on a few of the paperweight kits while Seth painted and cut paper and punched shapes out of his paper and other assorted fun things.

There is something funny I want to tell you about. First I must explain that Seth is accustomed to going to sleep with the television on. While I don't think this is a very good idea, it's not my business to change it.

The first night of Seth's stay, I put him in the bed that folds out from the chair in my studio. The television there only picks up a few of the cable stations and none of them are always-cartoons channels. Not one appropriate thing was on the tube when Seth went to sleep. I suggested that I could put on a tape. The only movies I could offer him are from my Doris Day collection. I showed him a stack of about 6 movies...he shuffled through with a "no"..."no"..."no"...all the way until he saw it was the last one. "The Thrill of It All" just happens to be one of my favorite Doris Day movies.

The funny thing is this movie has become a favorite for Seth. We've watched it every single night and a few times during the day too. He's even memorized certain parts.

He and Rich have gone now to the park to play Frisbee. I'm going to see how productive I can be...

9 comments:

Little ol' Me said...

How sweet is that!? What a cute story, I love that he's memorizing parts of old Doris Day movies!

Great blog...I'm enjoying reading it very much.
Tiffany
scrapsadaisy.blogspot.com

a pink-bee said...

Hi Amy, looks like you are having a wonderful time- full of fun and memories for you all.:0
I just tagged you for a thinking blog award :)Your blog is so wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet Aunt you are, Amy!!! A week with your nephew are definitely moments to cherish.

Tammy Gilley said...

Oh, Amy, that's too funny! My nephew, who's 11, loves my "Auntie Mame" video with Rosalind Russell. He's memorized lines like "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Cracks me up!!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Que Sera Sera....whatever will be will be....but I bet Seth thought it was a great adventure!
He will have wonderful memories like I do of my favorite Auntie. Blessed boy.

Anonymous said...

You are the sweetest person I know. xoxoxox

Kathrine said...

I am loving your blog. Seth is adorable.

May I ask (I am new to blogging) how do you arrange your pictures like that? I am having trouble just moving them around.

I need "Blogging 101" or "Blogging for Dummies"!

Thank you
Kathy

Jenn said...

I've never been, but I've heard great things about Chick Fil A geared wonderfully toward families/children. I will definitely try them out if I ever come across one.....LOL, they are not around these parts.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I love the photographs, and how fun to have a young Doris Day fan :)