Thursday, April 12, 2007

oh, the places you'll go


Seth came with me today to the cottage. Here's a picture of him playing with the little toy stove they have there. Isn't he so cute? He baked all sorts of cakes and treats for me all morning. And he offered each customer a coffee, hot chocolate, or cappuccino! All week long when I ask him in the morning where he'd like to go, he answered enthusiastically "The Cottage!" so he sure was happy that Thursday finally arrived.

Yesterday, we went to a petting zoo/farm. Oh, you should've seen all the baby animals. My arms were full of bottles and cups of food, not to mention my purse. There was no place to put any of these things down without an animal or two or three trying to eat them (including my purse) so my picture taking was awfully limited.



We went on a very exciting hayride. There was a camel there named "Jack" who chased the wagon through the entire ride. He was trying to get to the bucket of food on board. When the wagon stopped, he would reach in with his long neck, his huge mouth and tongue. My favorite part was when we looked back to see the strange assortment of animals from baby zebras and deer to cows with huge horns and ostriches and llamas all running to where we'd just stopped.

Here's a shot that I took at a stoplight on our way back today. He had just asked me a question. I answered it and waited for his reply. I heard just the tiniest little snore. I couldn't believe it when I saw him out for the count! I think I'm wearing this little boy out.

9 comments:

Claire said...

I can't think of many things more fun than being an aunty! I think it might even be better than being a grandparent because you can spoil with abandon and not have to wait until you are old!

Claire said...

with abandon? without abandon? ....

Anonymous said...

How fun! His cute little smile totally reminds me of yours :).

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Looks like you had a fun day....Seth is so cute. I think you are wearing him out too LOL.

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness, he is so adorable!

Jenn said...

What a sweet little boy!

Cupcake said...

Amy,
I am really enjoying all your stories about your outings with Seth. Such fun things to do and it sure sounds like he is loving it.
When can I send my girls? Are you open in May :-)
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Aww, it looks like Seth had a fabulous time with you. The wonderful time at the cottage cooking, serving and time at the zoo, what a fun-filled day.

longnecklady said...

oh to be a kid so I could comfortable sleeping on a Gatorade bottle!

xoxo~

Sue :)