Wednesday, April 4, 2007

getting ready...

26 are confirmed for Easter dinner on Sunday.

Don't you love this little flower container? They are by Wilton and can be found at Michael's in their wedding/ party section. I filled each little bubble with SweetTart jellybeans (have you tried those?!) which I separated in colors. I still have to tie the tags on the bulk of them.

I like the contrast of the yellow and turquoise...it adds a real pop to the look.

I set up tables and chairs in the living room (after emptying it of almost all other furniture). I covered all the tables in white tablecloths to give it a more uniform look.

The centerpieces are sheets of moss with a pedestal or two atop. I tucked fun treasures in among the moss as well as a couple of votive candles in glass holders. Feeling like it needed a bit of something living, I bought cheap, cheap petunias, kept them in their cheap pots, but covered them with natural linen tied with raffia.

I still have to do the dining room table settings but that should go quickly now that I know what I want it to look like. Those plates will all be ivory and I'll make a longer version of the centerpiece since it's a much longer table.

Tomorrow I'll be at The Cottage but maybe I'll have a chance to show you the Easter basket I'm making for Seth. Since he'll be with me the week after Easter (did I tell you that yet?!) the Easter Bunny is visiting him here. I went a little bit crazy...it's going to be one heck of an Easter Basket!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! The turquoise plates add the perfect pop to the table

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Everything looks great! You've given me an ideal for my Easter table-didn't know what I was going to do. Now I'm heading out to buy Petunias. Have a wonderful day.

Cindy Baugh

Gypsy Purple said...

LOvely....I also have a dinner on Sunday...will post on MOnday
Hope you enjoy yours!!

Anonymous said...

The dinner party is going to be brilliant! The turquoise and yellow setting is perfect for Easter, and I love the centerpieces!! Everyone will be amazed :)

Jill said...

Your Easter celebration will be fabulous! It looks so lovely.
I love how you present the photos...How do you do that?????

Junie Moon said...

Your guests will be delighted with your beautiful Easter tables and decorations. I love the way the care we put into little details comes together in something so fabulous. It's all about love and caring, isn't it? Have a wonderful Easter!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh you are truuuuly truly the Hostess with the Mostess!!! Ohh My!!

Amy! You are just so darn fabulous!! what an incredible day it will be for everyone!! So magical!! Lovely lovely lovely!!

Have a super sweet fun filled day!!

xoxo Jenny

Happy Easter!!

Doojies said...

Move over Martha~Amy's here!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, everything, absolutely everything, looks wonderful! I can't believe how much you have ready...already! :)