Monday, April 23, 2007

more about the Paris Flea...


Here's another peek at the mess of stuff I've got ready to go to the Paris Flea Market.

I put together little tins of bits and bobs that I've been collecting. They were a lot of fun to put together and I hope they'll be well-received.

I also made penants for decorating the tent. You can see them here, stacked and ready to be hung.



I'm so excited that my friend Kim has been busy whipping up a dozen of her wonderful aprons for me to offer for sale at the Paris Flea Market. I decided to display one on my dressform. The apron you see here is the most recent of her designs. I had to have it when I saw that it was inspired by my sweet friend Deb.

I really love wearing an apron when I'm working, cooking, and cleaning. It just helps keep me on purpose. Also I love the way these pretty, ruffly aprons look over jeans. Her aprons wrap all the way around to meet in the back and tie with a luxuriously wide sash. Really oh so pretty!

When I put the apron on the dressform to see how it looked displayed this way, it seemed a little funny to have a topless dressform. I tore a few pages out of a dictionary and quickly fashioned a shirt for her.

It might rain a bit for our set up. I think I'll pack everything in my old suitcases and then use them as props for the displays.

I also need to put together a toolchest of crafting supplies and tools. If anyone wants to work on their crafting kit there, I want to have everything they could possibly need accessible.

My back is achy, my mind is racing, and my house is a complete disaster. But I do feel very proud of how much I've been able to accomplish. All the while, I've managed to not go too overboard moneywise, timewise, or stresswise. In fact, I'm fancing the idea of a little nap right about now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That apron is so adorable! In fact today I just blogged about the craft apron she made for me. Now I might have to buy another. I'm sure they will go fast at the Paris Flea!

Anita said...

Oh how I wish I could go! I've already seen several things I'd like to buy!! You've put so much work into it, I just know everyone will love it ALL!

Diane said...

Such goodies! I wish I didn't live so far away, so I could attend. My daughter is 9 years old and at such a great age for crafting. I'm secretly hoping you don't sell all of your craft kits at the flea market, so you'll have a few left for your site.

Anonymous said...

Amy, what fun you are having! All of your offerings are so enticing. Reading makes me a bit wistful for the fine arts & crafts fairs I used to participate in before I had the tea shop. One day...when I am not so busy....I betcha I'll do fairs again! It kind of gets in your blood, I think. Plus, the people who attend are so fun to talk to! :)

Norma said...

All looks so enticing. I'm sure you'll have success. Lovely.

macati said...

hi!
why are you so far away?
I would love to see everything closer! But thinking better it's good living here... or else I would spend everything on your stuffs and that apron is beautiful!!! sigh... I wish I could go...
:)
manela

Tammy Gilley said...

Again, Amy, wishing mightily that we did live next door to each other. I would pop over this morning, we'd have a cup of coffee and a warm blueberry muffin. And then, I'd help you load up your beautiful goodies (probably in a 1955 wood-paneled station wagon) and we'd both don our festive aprons-over-jeans uniform to set up your tent. Aaahhhh....

laina kay said...

pretty. pretty. i so enjoy seeing all the detail you put into things. makes me happy : ) good luck with everything, wish you were around here so i could check it all out in person!

christine ann haynes said...

I have decided that this Paris Flea Market is the bane of my existence. To imagine such wonder and delight so far away!! Of course I am utterly overjoyed that you share all of these beautiful goodies with us through your lovely photos!!

Have a simply wonderful market day!!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

You have been so productive, and everything look SOoo good. Beautiful aprons, the one you have in the picture is gorgeous, they look good enough to wear out -and I love the paper shirt you made, how creative!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How very beautiful. I just met Kim this past weekend-what a gem she is! I found your blog from visting hers today. I love how you stylized the mannequin for this photo shoot. You balanced out the idea of the perfect woman domestically savvy in her apron who is also intellectually stimulating, which you oh so eloquently symbolized by using the dictionary pages as the medium for her shirt. Ahhhhhhhhhh-and all accessorized as well. This artwork is one balanced feminine amalgam in my book :)Thanks for sharing. Wish I could see the beautiful things at the Paris Flea Market. How do I get in???? LOL! Hugs, Eva (freshandvintage)