Friday, April 20, 2007

countdown to paris flea

If you've wondered where I've been...well, I've been busy. Every waking moment has been spent preparing for the Paris Flea. If I'm not actually making something, I'm thinking of making something. And periodically I go into the dining room with my hands on my hips and sparkling with glitter just to look at the ready-to-go stuff that's accumulating there.

Want a peek for yourself?


I'm so happy with this display I made out of an old dresser mirror frame. Mirror was long gone so I cut a piece of foam core to fit, covered it with this fabulous paper (which I will sell at the Paris Flea!) and then used stick pins to display the charm bracelets.

Charm Bracelets? Yes, indeedy! I will have 9 beautiful new charm bracelets to showcase there. What doesn't sell will be on the website...plus Melissa is busy making more so never fear, my dear.


I bought this wonderful store fixture from the neighborhood scrapbooking store a few weeks ago when they were moving to their new digs. It was a bargain at just $10. The best part about it is that just a week before I'd pictured this very thing and wondered how I'd find something like that, and in such short notice. The Secret in action? maybe.

Hanging from the pegs are some of the kits I've made. I have lots more work to do to fill all those pegs! Funny how when I'm at a store spinning one of these babies it doesn't seem like a lot of product...right?

Anyhoo...



And here's a close up of the sign at the top...


I'd planned to make the magic wands a kit as well but I changed my mind. I have two different styles...


And what makes them special are the tags. In different ways, they both say that you already have power to make your own wishes come true and to just believe in yourself.

Back to work for me.

p.s. Oh, guess what?! I just got a shipment of Scrap Journals! I'll preview them at the Paris Flea Market...what's left will go for sale online.

p.p.s. Today is my sweet friend Debbie's birthday! Happiest of happy birthdays, to you my friend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! All of it...just adorable! Wishing you loads of fun at the Paris Flea!

Baby_Tease said...

Hi Amy. You are going to be a hit! You are not going to be bringing anything home... So forget it. I think the kits are fab, and they are going to sell like crazy. Good luck and have lots of fun. Kim.

Anonymous said...

You are so, so creative! I'll bet that nothing is left in your booth at the end of the day.

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

Oh my, what wonderful kits and treats. You will sell out for sure!! Fa BOO lous!!

macati said...

hi!
everything will be sold in the first hour!!!! what will you do in the rest of the time????
:)
manela

Anonymous said...

I love how you displayed the charm bracelets, what a great idea! The kits look so much fun too, I have my eye on the paperweight kit. Ooh, good luck with everything!

Tammy Gilley said...

Oh, if only I could join you for Paris Flea...oh my, oh my! What treasures. Have fun, mon amie!

Doojies said...

drool down my chin...I am so lucky to be in on this! If I were too far to be involved or to be able to attend I would be having a fit. I AM having a fit and I'll be there! Fagettabout Santa who? Paris Flea Market, oh boy, oh boy!