Friday, January 12, 2007

he's tricky

For Christmas, I gave Rich a book of card tricks. It has turned out to be as much a present for me.

Each night as we're settling in for the night, Rich reads about a new trick in his book. While I'm brushing my teeth or washing my face or sorting laundry or one or two various other things I do before I actually get in bed, he's practicing the trick, rereading important points, preparing for me.

When I finally do get in bed, he tells me to take the top three cards, or to pick any card, or shuffle, or cut the deck. I solemnly obey, quietly taking note of that endearing twinkle in his eye.

After the trick is played, without really meaning for it to be a habit, I always say "Hey! How'd you do that?" And he just smiles, eyes a'twinklin. Oh, but do I love this man.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this little story. I can just imagine your delight and surprise when you say "Hey, how'd you do that?" like you can't stop it from bubbling to the surface.
I hope your weekend is filled with card tricks and laughter!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is that!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back to yourself! And so disappointed we keep missing each other at Scrapbooks Plus. While there, did you see my new class project, "Rules of the Heart"? Please tell me what you think when I return from my son's hockey tournament in Florida :-). Pam

Tricia said...

What a sweet bedtime ritual!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I agree with tricia :)