Friday, March 31, 2006

club little house



I've been working all morning on making my tiny little dollhouse. And the sweetest idea came to me. I'd read Jenny's blog post which showed lovely tiny gifts for her new dollhouse. How fun would it be to have a dollhouse club where we all make or find little sweet gifts for each other's dollhouse?



So that's my idea. I have lots of details to iron out but here's what I'm thinking.

You'll need to have a dollhouse. I'm making a really small one from a kit (just $12). Or you could find one that's already made (they have the sweetest little one room vintage one at The Cottage. There are lots of great vintage dollhouses on ebay. Think sweet and fun...not fussy and overdone. :) Or you could even make a dollhouse out of a box or a wall shelf.

The club will start out with 12 members (including me!) All 12 members will make or find 12 identical darling little somethings for a dollhouse. All 12 members will send their package of 12 identical darling little somethings to me. I will then prepare the 144 somethings so that each of us 12 members get a little parcel of 12 different and delightful things to outfit our dollhouses.

There will be a fee of $7 to cover the shipping of the final parcel to each "Club Little House" member.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've added my name, I would love to play! I have been looking for a vintage little doll house every where I go lately! My head is already filled with ideas for this little club, which is a brilliant idea by the way!

Anonymous said...

Love love love it!

Anastasia said...

Sounds like fun!!! but Im SO far away down under in Australia.....

Anonymous said...

Where did you ever find such a great price on a little dollhouse? I have gogles and searched....please help!

amy said...

Anastasia, You can still play! I think it would be wonderful to have people participate from all over!

Tracey (and others interested in finding a $12 dollhouse kit like mine) do a search on ebay for "Primrose dollhouse"...it's not listed for as low as I got it but you might be able to find it elsewhere online for less. Here's a link that offers it for $15:
http://www.toys2wish4.com/prdobycoco.html

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I am so excited about this dollhouse club! I ordered my primrose dollhouse and can't wait to see it!

Lauren said...

Is it too late to participate?