Thursday, February 12, 2009

old rose #3

Hello, sweet friends. The paint for Pinky's room is Laura Ashley's Old Rose 3. I picked it out rather hastily and went a bit darker than I'd planned, but oh my goodness, walking in that room makes me want to eat candy. Pink Candy.

I just spent hours and hundreds at the grocery store. I bought the book "Saving Dinner" which is written by the FlyLady's recipe columnist. The book is divided into weeks' worth of recipes and includes a shopping list for each week. I decided to give it a try. I need to get back on track with cooking nice dinners for us. Starting tomorrow. :)

Rich is getting a haircut tonight and there's a wonderful place nearby that makes flatbread pizzas. I tried it once during the holidays and I've been dying to get back there.

Tomorrow, I pick up the three little ones for our weekend of fun. Even though today was a panic day, I'm excited about seeing them again. And I'm excited for Miss Pink to see her room. I'm keeping it empty to let her see that we are preparing this room just for her.

I'm going to add scallops along the top of the walls and move in the bed and other furniture before next week's visit. I'll be sure to take photos, especially to show you the color of the room a bit better. It is so yummy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Pink is going to love her new room!! Girls really are sugar and spice and everything nice!Happy weekend with the little ones!!!

PamalaLauren said...

It's a beautiful color. I'm going to keep it on file for when I can finally paint a room the color I want for my daughter. I love it! It's just so warm and happy. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see it! I hope that you have a WONDERFUL weekend. Oh yes and thanks for sharing the recipe book- I am going to try that out. :)

Teresa said...

Hope your weekend is fabulous! I'm excited for you Amy! The dollhouse is darling and love all the pink!

elizabeth said...

These 3 little children are so lucky to have you both in their lives. Your excitement and love is so lovely to see. Thank you for letting us experience it with you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day with your four loves. You sure are one lucky girl stranger friend!

Amy M. said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Amy! I hope you have a lovely weekend with the little ones!

-Amy from Petaluma

(PS I have my eye on the duck version of that tea kettle!)

Saucy said...

We just can't wait to hear more about your adventures with Miss Pinky and her posse!