Monday, May 5, 2008

oh joy of joys!

This morning an angel showed up at my doorstep...Judit. She is going to be my cleaning friend and I'm just as pleased as punch. I'm giddy with excitement.

So, am I the only crazy girl who spent the entire day yesterday cleaning to prepare my house for the cleaning lady? Well, I didn't actually clean...although I had to fight the urge...I just straightened up and organized and put things away. Oh, and I not only shut the door to the studio, I locked it. This is just in case she misunderstood me saying "not this room"...maybe she heard "work real hard on this room". I think if she saw it, or if any of you did, you would not be able to look me in the eyes again.

So in juggling all the balls in this new life, the one ball that got constantly dropped was housecleaning. If I swept the floor at all, it was just once a day. And I can't remember the last time I cleaned our bathroom in a manner necessary for healthy living. When Judit was in our neighborhood the other week passing out flyers, I just knew she was to be my cleaning angel. I asked a few questions, talked to Rich, and it was all done so fast I couldn't believe it. And I can't wait to see all the sparkling cleanliness that is sure to come in just a little while.

I feel like Christmas.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Amy - I'm glad to hear you have some help coming your way. What a blessing. Also - love those little blue birds!!

Ginnie said...

I am a single, working woman, who makes very little money. But I am more than willing to part with some of it to have some lovely person come and clean my house. SOme people really think that crap is fun! ANd I think it is fun to pay them to do it.

So, show her what you expect, and don't clean up in front of her- they have seen it all! ANd enjoy walking in the front do to those wonderful clean smells, knowing you didn't have to do it, but you get to enjoy it.

Susan said...

Oh- I am GREEN with envy right now! I so want a cleaning person to come help me out!!! Maybe one day I can convince the hubster...
In the meantime, I am HYPERVENTILATING over those birds you made!!!! They are FABULOUS!

Paper Relics said...

Yay! Having a cleaning lady is really great. I always clean before ours comes... a habit I got from my mom, I remember when I was little being pouty because I had to clean my room before the cleaning lady came and I did not get why! Now I understand!

Are the birds listed yet? I am anxious to snatch one up before they all fly the coop!

Anonymous said...

You have given yourself a wonderful gift. Save your energy for things that make you happy and creative. I always kill myself before my cleaning angel comes...makes me more organized!! LOL

Shay said...

I had a cleaning lady all the time I was on active duty -- was never home enough to clean. Alas, I've been doing my own housework for several years now.

I *envy* you!

Saucy said...

You will love it, especially with Baby at your beck-and-call.

I have a cleaning lady that Veto had long before we met and she is sort of like a surrogate mother to him. We work side by side when she is here and it is like having a work buddy! She even brings me flowers and plants from her garden.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the cleaning lady--the only two days of the month when our home is truly clean. And we ALWAYS clean for her--otherwise how could she get anything done and how would she know where to put all of our debris and clutter (mom, dad, two boys). Ours is coming TODAY and my husband and I spent about 2 hours each putting stuff away and trying to get the kids to do the same.
But there is nothing like coming home to such a clean house!
Stephanie
(and yes, my erstwhile studio is off limits too but alas, no door to lock.)

Kim Sharifi said...

Oh I always bless Elena, my house cleaner! Coming home every two weeks to that clean smell and the way the house looks - FABBULOUS! Sadly, Elena had to travel home to visit her mother and I have had to do the cleaning for a few weeks. OMG - she gets a raise when she gets back!!!