I've been tagged by Wendy and Sarah and I think someone else all asking me to share 7 random things about myself. Since Random is my middle name (not really) I think I share random things on a daily basis. But I'll play along and give you today a bonus 7 things about me that you might not already know.
1. I really, really dig McD's Sweet Tea. And sometimes I drive up with my $1.05 in change, including pennies, just to get that nearly gallon-load of syrupy sweetness.
2. I grew up in a papermill town (if you've ever been to one, your poor nose will remember).
3. Our code for checking our teeth after we've eaten is that we smile really big and say through our teeth "How's your mother?" If there's a problem, say a wedge of spinach between my two front teeth, the response is something like "Oh, she had a terrible fall right in the middle of the street!"
4. If I am out and I look in the rear view mirror to see a crown of frizzy hair, I panic. I'm likely to stop at the nearest drug store to find something (anything!) to tame it. I've also used hand lotion and even lip balm (I was desperate, people).
5. I can't keep a secret. If you tell me something and ask me not to tell anyone, especially Jane, the only way I can keep the secret is to not talk to Jane. Ever. Again. Oh, unless it's a really serious friendship breaking, world-ending secret. I can keep those, even if it keeps me awake at night. But if you're throwing Jane a surprise party, forget about it.
6. I can't bring myself to write in blank books--journals, diaries, etc. It's a commitment issue.
7. I had a book called "The Jumbo Book of Jokes and Riddles". The book was truly jumbo, about 6 inches thick with different color paper for each section. There was a whole section of limericks. When I was in third grade, I plagerized one instead of writing my own limerick. I won a trophy for that poem and had my picture in the newspaper. Don't judge me. The guilt of this crime has haunted me for nearly 30 years.