A few of you have asked me recently to show more pictures of my house. After I finished cleaning and moving furniture around yesterday I snapped a few just for you. Most of these were taken in the living room.
1. Another thing I did yesterday was make room for the new painting we bought of Carmel. The watercolor is of Stockholm and I bought it for Rich as an anniversary gift when we were there for our 3rd wedding anniversary. Since we were travelling again to celebrate our 10th anniversary, we thought it would be nice to start a collection of landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, etc. depicting places we visit to celebrate our anniversary. Is two a collection? Maybe not yet, but it's a start.
2. I added a lamp inside the big old dollhouse. The doll is complaining that it takes up all his room but look how nicely it looks all illuminated!
3. I like how the birdcage looks silhouetted in the window. I'm thinking of trying my hand at orchids again to put inside...
4. Close up of new painting, by Mary Kay King.
5. A little altar of our life together, and what we hope and dream for.
6. I bought this wonderful piece from artist extraordinaire, Stephanie at the Paris Flea Market.
7. What secret do you suppose that little birdie is whispering in her ear?
8. This cast of characters has a life of its own...but Bobby is always there to keep them on the straight and narrow.
9. My kitchen table. The fabric bunting was made by my friend Jean. I love it so much...it makes breakfast (cake!) feel even more like a party!
10. My family room. I'm thinking the wheelbarrow will look so sweet full of sand and shells...