Wednesday, May 30, 2007

our house

1. 2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

A few of you have asked me recently to show more pictures of my house. After I finished cleaning and moving furniture around yesterday I snapped a few just for you. Most of these were taken in the living room.

1. Another thing I did yesterday was make room for the new painting we bought of Carmel. The watercolor is of Stockholm and I bought it for Rich as an anniversary gift when we were there for our 3rd wedding anniversary. Since we were travelling again to celebrate our 10th anniversary, we thought it would be nice to start a collection of landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, etc. depicting places we visit to celebrate our anniversary. Is two a collection? Maybe not yet, but it's a start.

2. I added a lamp inside the big old dollhouse. The doll is complaining that it takes up all his room but look how nicely it looks all illuminated!

3. I like how the birdcage looks silhouetted in the window. I'm thinking of trying my hand at orchids again to put inside...

4. Close up of new painting, by Mary Kay King.

5. A little altar of our life together, and what we hope and dream for.

6. I bought this wonderful piece from artist extraordinaire, Stephanie at the Paris Flea Market.

7. What secret do you suppose that little birdie is whispering in her ear?

8. This cast of characters has a life of its own...but Bobby is always there to keep them on the straight and narrow.

9. My kitchen table. The fabric bunting was made by my friend Jean. I love it so much...it makes breakfast (cake!) feel even more like a party!

10. My family room. I'm thinking the wheelbarrow will look so sweet full of sand and shells...

11 comments:

secretleaves said...

Amy, I love your home. It feels so cozy and welcoming. The chartreuse-y wall color is beautiful and enveloping. It reminds me somehow of the forties, a period I have developed a real affinity for lately. And of course, all of the little treasures. It's like a dollhouse, or the world's best little antique shop. There is a woman here in St. Louis named Joanie for whom Elizabeth of Elizabeth House has done quite a bit of work for. Your home reminds me of hers in that it is full of the most incredbible little treasures. You two are kindred spirits. I think I will tell Joanie about your blog. Have a lovely weekend.

Sharon
Secret Leaves paperworks

Anonymous said...

If you'll just show me where my room is, I can unpack myself!

Wow, your home is as cozy as I'd imagined it would be and then some! I love EVERYTHING!

Sarah and Jack said...

For some reason your wall color surprised me! It is completely different than I had imagined it would be, but thanks for letting me peek.

Anonymous said...

Amy,your house is so cozy and inviting.Am really surprised how well that shade of green complements everything.Thanks for the peek into your home.

Anonymous said...

Amy, every thing about your home is just like you, wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I feel like I've been on a mini retreat; and you've given me inspiration to get going on my own little nest!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I want to see more! Actually, you inspire me to go and clean and dust and rearrange my own livingroom. It looks good but could use a little "tweaking" I think. You should be a decorator-it all looks like something from a magazine.
Lovie

Brooke said...

I read your blog almost every day, but have never commented before. You have so many unique and beautiful things in your home-thanks for letting all of us see them!

laina kay said...

Pretty... pretty! I especially love that wonderful birdcage in front of the window and that bright, cheerful kitchen! So fun to see other people's pretty stuff!

Anastasia said...

its
lovely!!
such a warm cozy feel!

Jen Kershner said...

I'm so glad you shared with us. I feel like I could just curl right up in a corner with a good book and a cat in my lap and sit there happily all day. In my mind, that is the greatest compliment you give to a person about their home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the banner in your kitchen!! I may have to steal that idea! Too Cute!