Thursday, November 15, 2007

thank you


It's a drizzly morning, dark and calm and sleepy. I have a lot of work ahead of me today putting my house back together after pretty much ignoring it for weeks on end.

My sweet friend Lesley is staying with us this weekend while she does a show in town. She is such a very gentle spirit. Spending time with her is like journeying back in time. Truly.

Anyway, I can't let her see the house like it is, with stuff strewn all over the place. I've had a hard time getting back into the swing of things this week. Every day so far I've planned to tidy up a bit in preparation for Lesley's visit. And here it is the day before she arrives...I've painted myself into a corner.

I do want to take another moment to thank you so much for your response to our news about being foster parents. You've reaffirmed it for us. We especially love the comments that tell firsthand how being a good foster parent makes a difference in a child's life.
All along this journey, deciding whether we should or not, I kept saying to God "if this is what you want me to do, please show me." You wouldn't believe the affirming signs he's posted along the way. I count you among those signs.
Thank you, dear friends.

7 comments:

Cyndi said...

I was scrolling down and saw the braclets you make. I love your creations! Is there anyway to get two of the 12 days of Christmas?? My e-mail address is cc@sc.rr.com
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the blogging community? Best of luck with everything.

Yummers! said...

Bless you for becoming foster parents. So many frightened and needy children are waiting for someone just like the 2 of you for some love and safety.
God's smiling,
Joni

Anonymous said...

Your comment about asking God for a sign regarding your decision to foster parent brings me a happy memory. I remember like it was yesterday! I was driving down the street, a newly-married 20 year old who was putting her husband through medical school. I remember asking God that same thing. Then I looked up in traffic at the car in front of me and read the bumper sticker. "Be a foster parent." :-)

Anonymous said...

Your post gives me chill bumps. :) I think your plan and God's plan for you and Rich is awesome. I also think He will provide you with the courage and patience and everything you need for your foster parenting. :) Smooches!

Anonymous said...

Being a foster parent is a wonderful experience. I fostered teenage girls for around 2 years and loved it. It is not an easy road and sometimes trust and love is very hard to earn but they have their reasons. You are doing a truly wonderful thing.

Kimberly said...

I lurk on your site every day, and am introducing myself. My name is Kim and I wanted to tell you about a dear old friend of mine. She will be 90 in January and she couldn't have children either. Her and her husband took in almost 175 foster babies, while waiting for them to go into permanent homes. They adopted 3 of them as their own. I admire you for your choice! All of the children on our street call her Grandma Val and she spoils them with treats!