Sunday, August 20, 2006

crafting, cont.



I'm still working on these. They are little charms that will go in the ballerina cupcakes for Rosanna that I showed you Friday. I found a whole bunch of photos of children with teddy bears, cut them to size and started applying liquid glass to some of them. I think I'll add a little flower inside each one and tie a little bit of ribbon to the top. I'll also add a backing with the name of the event and date. I think they are turning out nicely.




These two are part of a project that I've been working on for a long while...a stack of birthday gifts! Just imagine this...12 gifts stacked one on top of the other, all about celebrating your birthday! I'm really excited about this idea. I'll tell you more about it soon. But the teeny birthday banner and birthday girl pins are your sneak peek.



These are some rings that I made using vintage plastic jewelry pieces. The are oh-so-mod, no?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun you are having! Your little projects are so cute and clever, I especially love the rings!

Jana said...

Oh my word, this is just the cutest birthday stuff ever!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been super busy! Love the charms, where did you find the little holders you are using?
The birthday gifts are awesome!! I am loving that idea, and can not wait to see what your finished product will be. I hope it's all ready before Oct..as I would love to be ordering them for my daughter's birthday!

Anonymous said...

I saw a photo of the stack and I can't wait to see what is inside all those little boxes. Thanks for the sneak peak!!!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

can i come, can i come!!! I want to be there too! How delightful! Your creations are rubies for the ball!!

A bird in the hand said...

You make such very pretty things! A treat for the eyes.

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a superb party! Your work is amazingly imaginative and fun.

Anonymous said...

such beautyful and inspiring crafts you do!

Anonymous said...

So cute and creative! How do you come up with your ideas?

Anonymous said...

I just love them all, but especially the charms. Where did you get the little bronze frames?

Lena said...

I love the charms! I'd never heard of Liquid Glass before this. My interest is really peaked.
So many terrific ideas!