Tuesday, July 21, 2009

a peek and plans

This is a sneak peek of another swap that I'm working on. It's always hard to keep it all a secret...especially when it's looking so sweet. Maybe just showing this and saying nothing more about it is a good compromise.

Alfredo and I are getting ready to head to California in a couple of weeks to visit his family. This time I'm flying there on my own. And since his family will most likely want to spend as much time with him as possible, I'll be on my own for most of the week.

I'm staying here again...and I think I might try staying in the airstream trailer. First I'm going to check to see if they'll let me switch rooms if I'm not comfortable in it. I'm thinking I'll bring some projects along, drink coffee in the courtyard, eat here and here, catch a matinee or two, take obsenely long naps. Doesn't that sound nice?

8 comments:

Holly said...

Those look beautifully intriguing! Can't wait to see what they end up as!

Annette D said...

That airstream looks fun! I know Alfredo is having the time of his life with Rich and you.

Iva Wilcox said...

The hotel looks fabulous! And if you get too bored, two of your old SilverBella friends from 2007 would love to share a drink or coffee with you. Just let me know Amy!
Hugs...Iva

Michelle said...

Long naps sound wonderful! I have to tell you I am obsessed with your linen embroidery samplers. I bought linen today...

Rachel said...

Sounds like a good trip! The airstream looks so fun, very retro cool! Thanks for your sampler inspiration! I completed mine tonight and posting pics now on my blog :)

Amy M. said...

I have always thought it would be fun to stay in that Airstream!!! You'll have to let me know how you like it. I'll be around if you get bored!

-Amy
(Crafting by Candlelight)

Michelle M White said...

I wish you would come teach at Paper Tales in San Diego! Maybe someday?

natalie hansen said...

Amy,
I'm not that far from Petaluma, so if you want to get together... I saw that Iva said the same thing, and I assume that the other person she meant was Colleen (whom I just was in Oregon with). Let me know!!