Thursday, July 16, 2009

by meself!


I can't tell you much about these little pretties because they are for a swap. But tell me, aren't they the sweetest little girls? They are only about 3.5" tall. I made them a few weeks ago and they've just been hanging around, looking sweet as can be.

Alfredo is a nonstop chatterbox these days. And he's saying the funniest things. We're just having the best time. He's exerting a bit of independence and is really starting to want to do everything "by meself!"

When he wants you to do something with him he'll say "No, You!" but when he doesn't want you to do something with him he'll say "No You!" Needless to say, it's a bit confusing.

He's also starting to translate...not just understanding English and Spanish but understanding that they are different. For instance, last night I said a phrase from my long-forgotten high school spanish class... "Hay una mosca in mi sopa!" When Rich said "What?" Alfredo said "There's a bug in Amy's soup!" That's just plain amazing to me.

12 comments:

Cyndee Greene said...

Absolutely beautiful Amy!
The little girls
And
Each & every experience w/ your dear Alfredo...........

Waterfall said...

Glad to know your Spanish can be understood by a native speaker! Several years ago, I met a native French speaker and tried to speak French to her, but my American accent was so strong that she couldn't understand me!

Lori said...

those little girls are SO sweet Amy:) i can't wait to hear more about them!!!

LindaSonia said...

Love those little girls!! I too am anxious to hear about them.

Amy M. said...

Just saw a children's clothing store called Chittypulga yesterday and thought of you guys!!! Although I don't often think of little ones as "fleas" it's kind of cute. Hope you and your little pulga are well!!!

-Amy
(Crafting by Candlelight)

Holly Abston said...

Amy, those little girls are darling. And I agree, your little one is AMAZING being able to translate like that! wow.

Elaina M. Avalos said...

I just got the biggest kick out of hearing how Alfredo translated what you said. That's so cute!

Patty said...

These are too sweet ! Did you see you were on the front page yesterday on Etsy? Congrats : )

Unknown said...

Those are amazing! And yes, that is amazing that A can translate already! How cool is that?

a pink-bee said...

How sweet :). Thanks so MUCH Amy, for sharing the awning idea :) I am working on one :) Just shared a pic of it on my blog:0)
Have a haPPy weekend :0)
crystal

Elyse said...

your dolls and alfredo story are as cute as cute can be.

no, you!

xo

gabrielle said...

These are the sweetest things ever!