Monday, July 6, 2009

happy



We went on two picnics this weekend...two proper pack-a-basket picnics!

Burke Lake Park is a great little park not too far from us. They have a miniature train that you can ride around the park...
and a carousel...

It was really just the most perfect day. The weather was wonderful and we were all in the best mood. "Sunshine on my shoulder" came on the radio on the way home and the words "If I had a day that I could give you I'd give to you a day just like today" nearly made me break down and cry. I know I'm risking super-duper corniness with this admission. I'm just feeling so joyful and so filled with gratitude and love and awe.

On another note, our refrigerator broke. On the outside I'm pretending this is the biggest bummer of all. But on the inside I'm so completely excited about getting a new refrigerator. And just look at my new beautiful refrigerator. I can't wait to fill it up with beautiful produce and frozen stuff and coca-colas all in a row.

A few weeks ago, something fell onto the coil of the dishwasher and burned so badly that I couldn't pull the bottom tray forward. I was just as inwardly giddy at the prospect of getting a new dishwasher. (the one we have is just so loud) But Rich just ran the dishwasher again to get the coils hot enough to re-melt the plastic and the darn thing works like a dream (a loud dream) again.

Oh, guess what. I made more little worlds. Here's a sneak peek...

12 comments:

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

You know what I love about your posts, Amy? I love that now, you can show Alfredo's smiling happy face, his little boy sweetness and innocence, and the love shown in the embraces that you and Rich give him. Absolutely wonderful.

And you aren't corny, honey. You are overcome by joy - nothin' wrong with that!

Elaina said...

I love Burke Lake Park! I haven't been there in ages. It's so very pretty.

Thanks for sharing your joy with your readers. Definitely not corny! Gives me hope. ;)

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos! And congrats on the new refrigerator and commiserations for the dishwasher. My husband also has an annoying (but with best intentions and out of love) habit of fixing problems with our very old appliances!

Waterfall said...

I'm not corny, and I sometimes cry when I hear that line.

OK, so maybe I am corny. We'll be corny together! :)

I'm so glad that you, Rich, and Alfredo had such a great day! It's kind of like those daffodils in the Wordsworth poem--something you'll always be able to look back on, and a memory that can brighten your spirits even in the darkest times.

(See? I'm not corny at all!) :-D

Love you!

parasols and maryjanes said...

It makes me happy to read about your happy day. AND, I must see more of these wonderful little worlds- that look so delightful!!

G. B. Miller said...

I agree with Debi about the "overcome with joy" part. I'll take corniness any day in that respect. Your family is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your "sunshine on my shoulder" day. We don't get enough of those.

Your little worlds - OH MY!! Those are adorable and I just might know why I've been saving all those old wooden spools. Thanks for the inspiration. =)

Gaye M.(Lovie's big sis)

Amy M. said...

Alfredo looks like such a big boy! I'm glad you are having such joyful time together!!!

-Amy
(Crafting by Candlelight)

patrice said...

i love that song too.
and the fridge.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Yay! Little worlds! Blessings dear one.

Robin said...

we used to take our kids to Burke Lake! Memories! and music holds such powerful emotion for all of us...you are not corny at all Amy!

Kristen Robinson said...

I do believe I would like to lie in this wee little village it is so very sweet.
XOX
Kristen

Lisa said...

So happy for you!