Monday, July 20, 2009

cool

I saw this idea over at Little Bit Funky and I had to try it.

The idea?

Freeze a bunch of waterproof toys into a block of ice. Just pour the water into the container (I used a square glass pan) and pile in the toys. I used little plastic animals since he loves them so much. Give your little one some toy tools (LBF gave hers a squirt bottle and we'll definitely try that next time!) and have fun.


Lots of good clean fun.

I think this would be a really great birthday party activity (if you have the freezer room). And Rich had the idea to freeze all sorts of bubble gum and candy for our next sweets party. Wouldn't that be fun...a new sort of pinata.

I didn't get pictures of it but I also tried this with our octopus cake pan (from WS Kids line). I put balls and marbles in it and he squealed with delight when he saw it.

Oh and due to my impatience, I took them out of the freezer a little too early. This was actually a good thing because it made the ice easier for Alfredo to break into it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie he is...and a great idea!

I found your blog via the book "Blogging for Bliss"! ☺

Anonymous said...

what an awesome idea and such cute pictures too! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Andrea Villarreal said...

I actually saw the same idea but for dogs. They had a mold you could buy and freeze their toys in it. It made me laugh because they can't hold tools like little Alfredo!! It would be like doggie torture licking that thing all day!! My Weimeraner would go insane:)

sassy said...

amazing party idea! can't wait to try it!

Jill said...

What great summer fun! Little Alfredo looks like he's having a great time! So cute!

Doreen said...

Amy, you have perfect timing! Planning my son's 3rd birthday party next month and am SO doing this! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

maryann said...

love it! and the great pictures! thanks for sharing!!!!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Great idea, I can't wait to do this with my three little ones! Thanks for sharing!!!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Carmen Leigh said...

Oh my goodness! What a great idea! I have a very "bored" four-year old, and Mommy is running out of tricks! Thanks for sharing!

The French Bear said...

You are such a good Mama!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Hena Tayeb said...

that is a fabulous idea. and so safe.

Spangled said...

My sisters and I used to freeze rubber/plastic toys all the time in the summer. We had this Hulk Hogan action figure that we loved. He was doing a wide-legged stance and doing the "gun show" pose with his arms, and we'd freeze each of his legs in a dixie cup of water, then flip him over and do the arms and head. Ice is such a cool substance to play with!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Just had to share that my 15 year old daughter has done this twice (after I read it on your blog) when she has gone to babysit during the day. Both times the kids were amazed when she showed up with a huge ice cube full of goodies. Thanks for the tip - it has been a babysitting winner of an activity!