Monday, June 29, 2009

home sweet home

(Look away Colleen, Kristen and Kim...there's a spoiler below!)

It's been a little while since I made any Sugarville houses. I think making 60+ for Silver Bella '07 burned me out a bit.

As a doorprize for Artistic Affaire Printemps, I donated a Sugarville house. Colleen won and asked for it to be personalized with her son, daughter-in-law, and new baby. When I found this little buggy, I knew it would look sweet with a little Mama and little Papa. I like how it looks like Papa is playing with the baby.


I decided to try a new way of making a lawn for the houses. It was a bit tricky and messy...and I'm not sure if I'll repeat it for future properties. But I must admit I like how it looks in the photos.

This next house is a gift for Kristen Robinson. She made me something so wonderful (I'll show you this week!) and this is in exchange. Actually, she offered to make this very special thing for me and the only way I could accept is if she allowed me to make something for her.

I love so much this little family of three. I hope it reminds Kristen of her own little family.

This last gift is for Kim Caldwell for inviting me to teach at her event. I was so impressed with Kim's sweet family and the love that's evident in her home and I wanted to create a piece that celebrated her family.





p.s. I've been meaning to tell you that the rug in my living room is, believe it or not, from the Mary Kate and Ashley line at Target. Find it here.

21 comments:

Shell said...

Your sugar houses are beautiful and luminous.

Sadie Lou said...

You're so brave to confess the Mary Kate and Ashley Owen rug! *clapping* I love your sweet houses--true confections!
~Sadie

Stacy said...

Hi! I just stumbled across your blog-- your Sugarville houses are so cute! Just adorable.

Jeanne Oliver said...

They are stunning!

Sara Padrusch said...

I love your houses! They just bring such a grin to my face. So funny that you mention the rug. When I saw it on your blog a few days ago I though that you had taken some sort of flat bamboo floor covering and painted the polka dots on it. I immediately started planning on copying the idea!

Your decor inspires me so much! I love quirky decor and just love the way white looks with bright colors like red and green.

Great work!

xoxo
Sara
http://shinyredhouses.blogspot.com/

Ascender Rises Above said...

amazing; and seemingly dipped in sugar!

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

That is so adorable. By the way I have ants and they are not the crafty ants you featured on your blog. They are annoying and pushy. They could certainly take a few pointers from your guests that politely cleaned up the glitter & confetti!

Leanne said...

those little itty-bitty people are the cutest thing ever!...and i have admired that rug...thanks for sharing! xo

Amber said...

Those are so cute, and I can't believe that is a Mary Kate and Ashley rug!

Alison Gibbs said...

What wonderful creations = all so sweet
Alison

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Amy!
xoxo

Amy M. said...

Love the house you made for Kristen. The little boy reminds me of my Noodlebug.

-Amy
(Crafting by Candlelight)

Anonymous said...

Just yummy.
I love them!

deb said...

Amy, these houses of love are sooo sweet. And so personal. I know they will treasure them.

Web Development said...

Thanks for the post

Saucy said...

Where on earth did you get such cute families? They are perfectly perfect.

Saucy said...

Oh, and those Olsen twins! Some of their stuff is too cute for words, even for grown ladies like us. I found a swimsuit coverup a few years ago at Target in the teen section... but I love it. So cute!

Kim Caldwell said...

I scrolled SO FAST so I wouldn't see the surprise! So excited. . .

Hugs, Kim

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Ooohhh...these houses are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Can you please tell me where you get all the gorgeous figurines for your houses?

Doreen said...

love everything you do! I'm curious about the cute little people too! Love the couple swinging the little boy!! Must find!