Thursday, June 4, 2009

behind the scenes

I loved being behind the scenes for Kim's event last week. Here's a peek of a happy bundle of "puff balls" waiting to be hanged. Kim had so many of these puff balls and they are so pretty. They remind me of pouffy peonies or prom dresses. And just look at that pretty rose ball that Kim made...Friday morning, before we started setting up for the event, Kim Hesson, Sherry, and I went to the flower mart with Kim. You wouldn't believe how many flowers Kim bought in just 30 minutes. We were her mules...just look at the haul we were toting for her. Happily, I might add.

It was quite an experience being surrounded by so many beautiful flowers...





When I talked to my father this morning (Hi, Daddy!) he complained about me promising another update for two days ago but not delivering. Anyway, here's that post...I'm trying! Oh, but I won't have the Etsy shop update until next week. A sweet friend asked me not to post them until she returns from a trip this weekend. Plus, the gloomy skies would mean grainy pictures.

How did it get to be Thursday already? Really...how did that happen?

16 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Everything can be seen in a flower and a child's eye. Blessings.

Lauryl Lane said...

ah! you visited my home-away-from-home! glad you enjoyed it!

Alicia said...

Those pictures make me wish I had a garden! So pretty!

Amy M. said...

I could use an armful of those lilacs right now!!! Can't wait to see your Etsy shop!!

-Amy in Petaluma
(Crafting by Candlelight)

Jill said...

Love the pom poms-- I want to hang them all over my house! Okay, maybe just my little studio! Can't wait to see you Etsy shop!!!

Saucy said...

I have managed to wangle my way into a flower market twice in my life... it was amazing! I can only imagine the humidity and the scent, but the exhilaration of picking up bundles like that for an event: heavenly!

The French Bear said...

Love the pom poms and the flowers!!!!! Such a fabulous place to be, isn't the scent wonderful?!!!!
Lucky you, have fun!!!
Margaret B

Tammy Gilley said...

Hi sweet Amy! Loving the flower photos, and you're looking mighty cute these days too! xo

Bri said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish I could see all of those flowers in person. I'm sure I'd have a fit.

karen said...

you sound happy - so glad for you

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I just followed the link to Kim Caldwell's blog. I had no idea you were in L.A. to teach your class, ugh! My neck of the woods. I feel awfully silly that I asked when you would be here;)Well hopefully next time you are I will get to take your class.

Danielle said...

Is there any chance you would sell your house wreathes as kits, because I'd be first in line for one.

Danielle Farley

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Sounds like you had such a blast! But who wouldn't surrounded by so many flowers?! Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures.

Anonymous said...

J'adore votre blog !!!
Vous avez beaucoup de talent et quelle joie de vivre on sent chez vous chaque fois que l'on vient ici. merci :)) !
Je ne parle pas vraiment bien l'anglais, I'm sorry.
Bonne soirée !
marimerveille

http://marimerveille.canalblog.com

Amy M. said...

Amy--I'm hosting a giveaway to celebrate six years of blogging. Hope you'll stop by! I also posted a photo of Aidan. He just started walking! He could ALMOST keep up with Alfredo now!!!

-Amy from Petaluma

http://craftingbycandlelight.blogspot.com

boracay island philippines said...

Just came across your site and i enjoyed browsing your blog