This is a corner of the little ones' room. I used to draw little characters like these when I was little. It was fun to revisit them and see how they've grown. Just like I used to do when I was a young artist, I drew the character on a sheet of paper and cut it out along the edges. I'd then place the little naked guys on another paper (it used to be construction paper, now it's fancier scrapbook paper) so that I could draw around it to make the clothes. This is how I used to make my own paper dolls too.
I have lots of less fun work to do. The closet in this room is full of stacks and stacks of linens. I need to sort through them to decide what I need to keep and what I can live without.
Also, our laundry room is on the second floor, just next to this room. It's a very small room, made even smaller by a door that opens inward. I'd love to get someone to come in and redo the door to open outwardly but Rich suspects this might cost us an arm and a leg. I'm going to clear out the room of all the crazy things I've stashed in there behind that door (for instance, a thingamajig that steam cleans the floors that I never ever use and that I don't think really works but I'm a sucker and will buy everything offered in an infomercial or on QVC if the dial lands there)
We have a whole checklist of things we need to do to get ready for the home inspection.
- Household chemicals, out of reach.
- Fire extinguisher in kitchen.
- Outlet plugs on all outlets.
- Redo electrical configurations to make sure an extension cord or surge protector is never plugged into another extension cord or surge protector (I think I'll just forget the Christmas tree this year...call me the grinch but have you ever in your life seen a Christmas tree that didn't have lights plugged into lights plugged into lights plugged into lights???! We've already been warned this would be a no-no)
- Safety ladder from a second floor window.
- Special latches on all second floor windows.
- Devise a fire escape plan and post somewhere.
- Stock up on first aid supplies.
- Get safety gates for the top and bottom of stairs and for the doorway to my studio.
There might be more...this was all just floating around in my head. And there definitely are more things I've personally deemed necessary....like the clearing out of the laundry room and the pantry and the general tossing of crazy things that I really don't need, haven't used, and forgotten about completely. Such as the clorox spray and mop thingamajig, the aforementioned hard floor cleaning steaming thingamabob, and the clothes steamer thingy (all found behind the door of the laundry room at this very moment, abandoned, forgotten, and sad).