Friday, December 21, 2007

bizzzeeeee

We're all busy, right? But procrastination has made me extra busy. Especially today.

On the top of my list is that I need to paint a rocking chair for little Shelby. How in the world did I manage to put this off until now, I'll never know.

It started with Seth. I made a red rocking chair for him when he was 2 with a puppy and his name across the top. Maggie got her chair when she was about 1 1/2. It was sage green with a humpty dumpty painted on the seat and her name across the top.

I was going to wait until next year to make Shelby her chair but it seems she is ready now. She sits in Seth's chair and loves it so much. If Seth sits in his own chair, she tries to push him out. My mother was just telling me this morning how much Shelby is like a little teenager. She rolls her eyes when you tell her no. She scrunches up her nose when you give her food. And she goes around saying everything is "mine! mine! mine!"

On top of painting the rocking chair, I need to prepare a feast for 50 middle-school-aged children for our church's Advent Party tonight. Yikes! I'm making little pigs in a blanket, vegetables and dip, a stack-your-own cracker platter, and cupcakes. I might add some sort of pizza bites or something like that.

I have lots to show and tell. Maybe I'll catch my breath this weekend and give you an update. I'll definitely pop back in to say an official "Merry Christmas" to you.

Wish me luck, will ya?

10 comments:

a pink-bee said...

Good Luck Amy :) What a sweet gift your are making ! :) Merry Christmas wishes :)
crystal:)

Diane said...

Merry Christmas Amy!

SOINSPIRED said...

What a wonderful Auntie you are! Merry Christmas Sweet Amy!

RED SHOES said...

Dear Sweet Amy,
I hope you have the happiest of Holidays and manage to squeeze in a bit of relaxation for yourself!
I am sure no matter what, your "little" party will be a big hit!
have fun!
xoxoxo
catherine
p.s. keep your eyes peeled on your mailbox :)

Jen Kershner said...

It is a crazy time right now, isn't it? I've got a lot of last minute stuff too. I think we are all guilty of procrastinating. I bet your chair will be a big hit.

Heavenly Chic Interiors said...

I saw this saying yesterday on a bumper sticker...thought it might make you feel better about your situation ;)
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"
Merry Christmas, Theresa

Cathy said...

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Holiday Season filled with joy and a Happy New Year!

Cathy

Yummers! said...

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and the patter of small feet in your new room.
Joy and peace,
Joni

Unknown said...

Wishing you the best holiday season! I love your blog and all the goodies that you have! I'm so glad I found you!

Cathy

Saucy said...

However did you locate that wonderful, perfect graphic for this post? You're too much, Amy!