Here's how you can make this glitter 2-D village yourself:
Start with these little blank houses from Deb's etsy store. Click here to get them.
- Base paint the entire little house the color you'd like for the house to be.
- Once the paint is dry, paint the details like the roofline, chimney, doors, windows. If you're shaky, use tape to mask off areas where you don't want the paint. Add polka dots and stripes and more details like window sashes and doorknobs when that coat dries.
- Alternatively, you could cut out bits of paper for details like the shutters, doors, and windows and glue them into place.
- For the piece with an open doorway and windows, glue paper bits to the back of the piece.
- Add accents like tiny Christmas balls, millinery flowers, beads, pom-poms using hot glue. Have fun with this part and look at everyday things with fresh eyes. Let yourself play!
- Coat the entire front of the piece with craft glue using a broad paint brush. Be sure to dot glue over the bits and bobs too.
- With a piece of paper underneath to collect the run-off, pour a generous amount of clear glitter over the entire piece. Shake off the excess.
- Ta-dah! Glittery wonderment!