Tuesday, December 4, 2007

love it!

The thing I love the most of the things I bought at Ikea on Saturday was this quilt cover set. Since you can hardly tell from Ikea's photo just how lovely a purchase this is, I took pictures of the darling details.


I just keep going in the room and looking at this quilt cover and loving it all over again. If I were to pick which of the characters I'd like to be, it's the mouse with the lamp in her car. I'll make Rich be the next one, in the racy car. Which one are you? Don't you wish this is what real life traffic looked like?

The drawing style and humor reminds me of Richard Scarry. The designer is Silke Leffler.

I'm considering buying another set just for the fabric, 'though I don't know what exactly I'd do with it.

I'll have a picture of the room's progress soon...just finishing up a few things. I'm also working on glitter houses and will have them up on the site soon. (including, ummmm, cupcake houses!!!!) I also have a few Christmas-y things to add so look for a big update to the store. I'll let you know about it here.

13 comments:

lulusparkles said...

that is the cutest stinking thing I have ever seen! You FOR SURE need to buy another to cut up and make....chair pad,curtain,pillow,pajama bag-something!!

a pink-bee said...

Can't wait to see the room- and how adorable it is! :)I'm the teacup on wheels :) It would be alot more fun if real cars were like these :)
Have a Happy Day :)
crystalxo

Anonymous said...

Amy, this fabric reminds me of the little toys sold at www.wisteria.com called "Derby Critters". It's just adorable!

Julie G. Baxley
Roswell, New Mexico

Iva Wilcox said...

Oh Amy they are adorable! How exciting to see the room coming together and almost ready for a child to love and enjoy. Look forward to seeing the finished room!
Love and hugs...Iva

Anonymous said...

I am having fun watching you have such a good time. Love the coverlet. Room is going to be delightful.
I visited The Red Shoes in A2 on Saturday...loved it also...thanks for the link.

Seitvonzu said...

we have IKEA bedding in our nursery for our little girl-- it's the one with the bugs playing instruments (same style drawings as what you got) and i also love the same-style circusy one they have for older kids.... i love the aethestic- so cheery, such great colors!

your room is looking darling- can't wait to see more pictures. i've been reading your blog for a long time and have meant to comment on the foster care choice- so loving and perfect! i think it's a great fit for you and your husband. congratulations!

Little Pink Studio said...

Amy, did you say cupcake houses? OH! I can not wait to see this!!

What darling fabric. I love that so much, and yes, most definitely wish traffic looked like that!

Can't wait to see the finished room, I would probably go in there a 100 times a day! The best part is that it will be so comforting to a child that needs it!
~Cerri xoxo

Anonymous said...

Amy, the room is adorable, love the fabric!
Can't wait for cupcake houses!!
Janey

Saucy said...

Obviously some extra fabric could be easily turned into window covering... wouldn't roman blinds be nice with some fun contrasting fabric on the back?

BailiwickStudio said...

I love the giraffe in the strawberry! Not that I want to be a giraffe but he's sure cute!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

so very cute! That is the one thing I loved about living in Europe, the children's fabrics, bedding and clothing were so adorable!!

Happy weeks as you feather your nest for your little ones who will come to stay.
xo Lidy

Babelfish said...

Fabulous find, I think I'll be the last one in the teacup vehicle, so adorable!

Babelfish said...

I love Silke Leffler's work.