Friday, February 9, 2007

box o' bon-bons



I just finished this little box of fabric bon-bons for my friend. They are simple to make. Just cut fabric circles (about 3 to 4" in diameter) and stitch around the perimeter with a knotted thread, just like you would to make a yo-yo. Just before you cinch it together though, stuff a ball of poly-fill in. Stitch the circle closed and glue the stitched part into a candy liner. If you want to add a button or pompom or bead, sew it to the circle before you do the cinching part. Experiment with fun textured fabrics like chenille, felt, corduroy, velvet!

If you make some, send me a picture and I'll post it.

Did you see our friend Betz White on Martha today? She did a wonderful job showing Martha (and us!) how to make her adorable cup 0'joe pincushions. I featured them at Inspire Co. during the month of gifts. Do you remember them?

Hope everyone's having a good friday. I'm excited because this weekend I'm going to have another Sweets Party with Seth! I wish you could hear some of these phone calls between him and me all about the intense planning going into this thing. We're going to build a fort, decorate my mother's kitchen, make valentine's, make Slurpees, and, most of all, eat sweets! This time I promise I'll take pictures.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable!!! Thank you for sharing the mini-tutorial :) I believe my kitchen display is demanding that I make these!!!

Claire said...

oh my gosh! Those are the cutest! I am making these this weekend for sure! I'll send pics on Monday!

Anonymous said...

What a FUN idea. And I just got done watching Martha and adored seeing Betz on the show. She is a doll. Amd those cups are amazing. Need to find some crafting time! And your party sounds fantastic. Seth is VERY lucky to have you for his Auntie. What a wonderful winter pick-me-up party. I think I will plan one for the boys for tomorrow when we make our Valentine's. They will die if I have a candy party for them since I usually try to limit the sugar. Have FUN and take lots of photos to share with us.

Waterfall said...

Nooooo! Something that looks like chocolate but ISN'T chocolate ... that's just wrong! (Although the idea itself if very cute!) :)

Have a great time with Seth!

CG said...

I need those for my site...those are too cute!

Anonymous said...

MMmm..a sweets party sounds wonderful, enjoy your weekend, can't wait to see the pictures. Love your fabric bon-bons, esdpecially the corduroy chocolate one that has me drooling :)

charlotte said...

how sweet these are, Amy! clever, clever you!
xoC

Gypsy Purple said...

Hope you had a lovely time....these are gorgeous...will have to try them

Chamara

A bird in the hand said...

You make the sweetest things. I want to try this myself; thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

these are the cutest ever! I am definately making some!

Anonymous said...

So so cute! Thanks for the instructions!h