Tuesday, July 6, 2010

gone camping!

So it's that time of year again...my yearly obligation to camp. 

This year, there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is that we'll be staying in a cabin with electricity and running water. The bad news is that we are going so far away that it will take us two days to get there. More good news, my parents are going with us. Even more good news, we're going to Mackinaw, Michigan. Beautiful...and highs  in the 70s. Oh man, with temps going 100+, I'm so looking forward to that!

So we're heading out before the rooster crows on Thursday morning. Tomorrow will be filled with packing and preparing but I'm hoping to show you a few things, like the snack trays I made for us!

p.s. I'm going to put the etsy shop on vacation mode until I return...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like FUN! BTW, I surprised my Mom with the stitching kit I bought from you. She was thrilled! Thanks again;D

vivian said...

hi Amy, have fun camping! Im not a good camper myself.. but If I were by a lake all would be good!
happy trails to you!
hugs
vivian

Janet said...

Yay! You're coming up to my home state! I love Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island. I'll be on the island next month, can't wait!

Bev said...

You are going to LOVE-LOVE-LOVE Mackinaw Island. I worked in Mackinaw City one summer while in college and it was fabulous. If you get a chance--drive over to Harbor Springs and Petosky...lovely little towns about an hour west. Enjoy every moment...and it is supposed to cool down a but in Michigan...we are in the upper 90's today but there is always a breeze on the Great Lakes.

Whosyergurl said...

Mackinaw may be cooler than you think. Have you been there before?
I took my children there and it was jeans and sweatshirts in morning and evening.
Enjoy and ride the "cat" and get fudge samples! xo, Cheryl

My Favorite Things said...

Hi Amy ~ Oh! I am so jealous. I grew up in Michigan and spent many vacations and long weekends where you're going. Your trip will be amazing. Enjoy! Kim

Marti Schrock said...

We spent our honeymoon in Mackinaw. Lucky you! Enjoy!